Corsair Community

LOUD AX1200 Fan making high somewhat high pitched noises. Not coil whine.

THS

Hello,

This AX1200 is driving me insane. I am 100% sure it is NOT coil whine (because that sounds totally different as in very high pitched / beeping)

What I am hearing is actually like this: Watch at 1m 45s.

Note: NOT my video. Just what it sounds like.

[ame]

[/ame]

If I put my hand over the air intake (thus blocking some of the air), the fan quiets down.

Blocking some of the intake most likely causes a low pressure suction effect thus causing the fan to slightly move outwards and perhaps reduces friction on the bearings / bushing. This means that the fan's natural position when operating normally is what's causing the noise.

Can Corsair possibly just ship me a replacement fan ? I would be able to EASILY replace just the fan if I have a replacement.

Can Corsair possibly just ship me a replacement fan ? I would be able to EASILY replace just the fan if I have a replacement.

I expect not, but you need to ask via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp. I expect you will have to RMA the whole unit and your best option will be an express RMA so you get the new PSU then return the old one.

Remember to upload the invoice.

OK, so you need to specify that ticket number.

Don't know it and it doesn't show it in the ticket system. Don't have the emails either as this was back in 2013.

Created a ticket anyway.

Archived