Corsair Community

HX850 Won't Power System

Phynomtalk

Okay, I saw some very similar threads, but not exactly the same. If there is one exactly, then please forgive me with this one, but I am desperate for help.

I have had my HX850 for a few years now, and it has pretty much performed flawlessly up until recent. Problem: system will not start with this power supply. It started about a month ago when I came home from work and tried to wake my system using the mouse and nothing happened. I figured that the maybe my home had lost power. So, I pressed the power button, but nothing happened. I flipped the power switch on the back of the PSU off and back on, and the fan LED's flashed and fans spun for like a tenth of second, and then nothing. I unplugged all my harddrives and plugged them one by one, starting with the one containing the OS, of course. It fired up!

The system stayed on for a bit, it all happened again. I tried and doing the same with harddrives again, but this time, nothing. The fans and lights bleep on for a millisecond, and then nothing.

Up until the writing of this, I have tried the paper clip test, which was successful; however, my system still won't power on, not with this PSU anyway. I have an older 650 watt power unit which did power up my system. So at this point, I am inclined to believe it is the PSU that seems to have malfunctioned.

Please help me with some other options....thanks in advance.

Archived