Corsair Community

Void RGB Wireless: mic randomly turns off

azjerry

A brand new headset with FW 38.01 and CUE version 1.16.42 all on Windows 10. I've disabled auto shutoff and activated sound notifications.

After a random time (anywhere from several seconds to several minutes) the mic turns off along with the accompanying "mic off" notification. Obviously this is quite annoying as I have to manually turn the mic back on.

A second problem is that, more often than not, when I turn the mic on it doesn't recognize any sound. I've found two ways to get that part working again: change the mic or sidetone level in CUE -> Profiles screen OR open the Windows Microphone Setup Wizard and navigate to the screen that shows your voice level while reading a given sentence. It works fine until the next random mic off.

How do I stop this from happening? Bad headset? Buggy software? ??

Thanks for the reply. I already re-flashed the firmware and un-installed and re-installed the CUE software several times. Support had me reset the receiver and move the receiver and headset USB cable to ports haven't previously been used for this. No change in problems. Support told me it probably hardware and, since purchased less than a week ago, return to the store. I exchanged for a different brand which, so far is working perfectly.

Archived