Corsair Community

H100i GTX huge temp spikes

JJBean

I've had an issue the past few days where my temps seem to shoot up out of nowhere and I idle at like 45c which is much higher than normal. Stress tests throw me into shutdown. . I've been running fine for about 5 months and this just started happening. The strange thing is Corsair link reports the pumps and fans are running fine. I have tried new thermal paste and re-seated the block numerous times to no avail. So is this a sign that the cooler itself may be failing?

I got this as a present and have no receipt, so Im not sure If I can RMA it even if that is the problem.

Can you post your H100i GTX Temperature (water temp) from CLink, both at cold boot and then 5-10 minutes later before applying any real load? If you have a water temp reading from any kind of load situation that also may point the finger in the right direction. Game, stress test, it doesn't matter.

Lots of things can cause high CPU temps and the water temperatures are more helpful for diagnosing issues. I am also assuming the cooler temps "50's" is a water temp reading, but I don't know the circumstances. That number is concerning for your hardware, but not definitive.

Archived