Corsair Community

Scimitar not recognized by computer AT ALL

GumbyDammit223

Greetings:

When I first got this mouse and plugged it into my Win7 computer. It was completely unresponsive. Not even basic mouse functionality was available. I had to reboot a couple times solely through the keyboard in order for CUE to finally recognize it and alt least get the pointer to move around.

A couple days ago I was notified that new firmware was available for the mouse. HOWEVER, the mouse was again completely unresponsive. I had to reboot via the keyboard again to finally get it functioning and was then able to manually update the firmware without issues.

My question is this: Is this normal behavior??? I tried two different USB 2.0 ports on the back of the computer and neither one allowed the mouse to work when plugged in. It was only after CUE finally recognized it did it start to work. Has anybody else experienced this or is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks!

Try a USB3.0 port if you have one available. Check which motherboard you're using and note the chipset / USB driver. If you need to, file a ticket with Tech. Support and they can assist you further from there.

You may also try holding both left+right clicks down as you plug in the mouse to reinitialize factory settings.

Archived