Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

JensTrolldom

Hi all!

So i've searched for a solutions to my problem across the wide web with no answer.

I recently upgraded my computer with new hardware; New processor, mobo, ram, harddrive, cooler (Corsair H75 Hydro Series) etc. And i installed a clean install of windows 10 x64 on my new harddrive.

The problems started right away, with the windows hardware disconnect sound playing every 3-5 sec. I thought this might be a USB problem, like a broken USB port, poor connection, or a broken device. But i've been troubleshooting this for a while now, and even with all USB devices disconnected the sound kept playing.

When i open device manager it keeps refreshing every time the hardware disconnect sound plays. And the only thing with an exclamation mark on is "Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device". When going into the device properties it says the following under Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect.

Even tho it says that the device cannot start, it seems to work as it should (CPU at 20-30*c). In Corsair LINK i can see the core and package temperaturs, but when i go to "options-devices", no devices are listed.

Another wierd problem is that when i try to restart the computer it just goes to the screen that says "restarting" and stays there for ever (i have to restart using the power button).

I've also tried using USB logging software to check if anything was disconnecting/connecting, but nothing shows up. Neither does event viewer log any events relating to this.

So i suspect that all my problems have something to do with this device. Anyone that have a solution for this problem?

My temp fix was to just remove the hardware disconnect sound from the sound options in windows.

Thanks!

when i go to "options-devices", no devices are listed.

What are you expecting to be listed?

My temp fix was to just remove the hardware disconnect sound from the sound options in windows.

This will just stop the noise. What does [uSB Bus] report?

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

Ah, you have and old Link Commander which is the Corsair Link PMBus Bridge. You should have mentioned this.

You need to update the driver, see the end of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=777371 for how to do this. Having done this the Code 10 should be gone, is it?

1. What does [Link Devices] now report?
  2. Uncheck [Y]EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled and press [Restart].
  3. What does [Link Devices] now report?

This should get the old Link Commander working, but CL4 does not support it, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=837364 and follow the links.

Ah forgot to mention it since i've never been able to actually use it to controll any fans. I've just been using it to connect mulitple fans to mye case for 3-4 years now.

I followed the steps and yes, the looping hardware disconnect sound actually stopped! :D And the Device manager stopped refreshing! Thank you!

Now the USB Bus shows this:

f0cd59b94247c20ccb50ad5e27288d87.png

And the Link devices shows this:

37f01d7e5dd0e46cd0fe4762315192e2.png

On [Link Devices] press [uninstall] to remove that ghost device.

Given CL4 does not support the Old Commander what would you like to do? SIV does and could control it.

Have you seen http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137428 and/or read http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%20to%20Control%20Corsair%20Link%20Hardware.pdf?

BTW are the fans connected to the Cooling Node 4-pin PWM? What does [Link Fans] report?

The ghost device. Is it the "Corsair Link PMBus Bridge V2.0.6" i should uninstall?

Hmm, maybe i should install CL3 then. Because im getting kind off tired of the fans working at 3000RPM all the time. I invested in more fans to keep the computer cool during gameplay and doesn't need it when im just watching movies or browsing the internet. But i see that i can controll it from SIV. To be honest i've never heard of SIV before today! :p

The fans are indeed connected to a Corsair Link Cooling Node with 4-pin PWM.

Here is what Link Fans show:

666acf50a11c8c14993a4fc9f151e72a.png

The ghost device. Is it the "Corsair Link PMBus Bridge V2.0.6" i should uninstall?

No, the Corsair H80iGT Hydro Series 7289 USB Device, just press the [uninstall] button on [Link Devices].

Corsair used the same USB PID for both the H80iGT as they used for the old Commander. They should NEVER have done this and is the root cause of the Code 10.

As to what to use it is your call but I suspect it would be worth installing CL 3.2.5742 to update the firmware anyway as the latest is 1.2.11 and you have 1.1.12. If you get the "endless reboot" issue see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706.

Archived