Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB spontanious sensitivity change

raakande

I am having this same issue while playing Ghost in the Shell First Assault. I currently have two M65 RGB Pro mice. Both are on firmware 2.06

• I have tried them both.
  • I have rolled CUE back to version 1.16.42 (I was on CUE 2.10.71).
  • I have tried deleting all profile switching.
  • I have tried creating one profile.
  • I have saved a single new profile to mouse.
  • I have uninstalled CUE.

None of this has solved this "DPI spike" issue. I only started experiencing this issue since the new year (2017). I believe this issue started after I "upgraded" to version 2.xx.xx of CUE.

Update: This issue does not occur at all on my system with a Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Nor does it appear with three other systems running these mice (M65 RGB Pro).

Update 2: I have re-formatted my system and performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Clean install of CUE 2.11.115. The issue still persists while playing Ghost in the Shell: First Assault. I have again switched to the G502 and it does not display this issue.

Edited by SUP3RN4UT
Update

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what will happen is they try to make people forget this problem. None of corsair will ever fix this because this only matters to a handfull of people and they will eventually buy a new mouse... probably not corsair mouse though.

Funny that this one guy here tells to make a ticket for support while that does absolutely nothing. I fkn hate companies like this, i wish they went bankcrupt.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Major Mouse Sensitivity Issue, still, on 5/20/2017....

I just joined.

I'm working on it.

I have only noticed this problem after selecting a color theme that changes the mouse colors. A mostly blue one, with yellow accents. It's the only color scheme for the keyboard (also Corsair,) that affects the mouse's colors, and it's my favorite. Unfortunately, it also seems to be the cause of MY problem, as I don't recall the others doing the same. Will test stuff and add more information if I find anything useful out.

I've seen a lot of intelligent, thoughtful and kind words between these thread posters. It's a rare joy, to see words from thoughtful, loving, strangers. Corsair has some special customers.

GOD Bless you. I'll report anything useful.

• 1 month later...
So I recently bought the Corsair M65 Pro RGB and started getting these massive dpi spikes after about a week of using the mouse. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, firmware updates, deleted all dpi profiles, etc etc and cannot seem to find a fix as of 6/21/17. Wondering if anyone has found a way to fix it or if i should try to RMA the mouse?

• 3 months later...

Found this topic while searching about the dpi isssue.

I know this is about the m65, but my m45 seems to do the same. Randomly changes dpi, sometimes can go days without doing it, other times a few times a day. Opening corsair software resets it back as does pressing a dpi button.

Fair to say there is no fix? Was considering changing anyway (mouse is old, but only really starting using it enough fairly recently to notice the issue), so will just change out if there isn't.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if my issue is the same, but I have the m65 rgb mouse, second one I've owned and same issue

While playing overwatch, my aim reticle will suddenly jerk straight down or up. But it only does it for that split second.

Out of curiosity I just saved my lighting and dpi profiles to my mouse, and closed corsair utility engine. I didn't experience any issue last night, but it happens so randomly that it's too early to tell that there's something wrong with CUE.

• 6 months later...

Same problem here, I'm starting to regret having bought this mouse...

I'm trying to solve this issue for 5 months now and nothing.

A company like corsair should have already found a solution for this, but it looks that they just care about the money and not the customer!

• 3 months later...

I have M65 RGB Pro.

DPI randomly changes on many systems, with and without CUE software installed (2x different laptops, Dell server, PS4 Pro + XIM Apex).

No problems with Logitech mice (G400, MX518) on same machines.

The issue with the M65 RGB Pro goes away when I remove the USB switch (used on my desk between laptop and server) and plugged the mouse into the motherboard port directly.

FYI, here's the USB switch, which has been flawless in all other use cases: https://www.iogear.com/product/GUS404/

Again, Corsair M65 RGB Pro only works consistently (see: stable, non sentient, DPI) when not using a USB switch and plugged directly into the motherboard USB ports.

I think something similar was stated earlier in this thread, too: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=859095&postcount=13

At any rate, I am just going to buy a new mouse and throw M65 RGB Pro in the storage bin. Life's too short.

Edited by cesthree

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm facing exactly the same problem. I'm pretty sure my mouse always did that, but it started to get really annoying over the last few days.

I haven't seen anyone talking about this specific detail, but in my case, the DPI indication light stays the same. It's not like the mouse actually changed its settings, and thats why I feel like it's something Windows-related.

Another thing I noticed, is that most of the times it happens right after I "aimed/scoped" something in the game. For example, when I'm playing Sea of Thieves, everything works great, but after aiming with the cannons (which have a really low sensitivity in the game), the bug happens. I've seen the same behavior in other games, like Remnant. I NEVER press the Sniper button or change the DPI while gaming, but some fps games use a different sensibility setting for each situation (like right click scoping), and thats what causes the issue for me.

The only time I use the Sniper button is after the bug happens, because that's what fixes the problem.

It's worth mentioning that I've seen this issue happening the same way while playing on two different computers, but because of the scoping relation it doesn't seem hardware related to me.

I hope Corsair pays attention to this. It is really sad to see that I'm dealing with an issue that was initially reported 4 years ago and that it still has no official fix. It is beyond obvious that there is something going on with this mouse model/driver.