Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB spontanious sensitivity change

raakande

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another question to all of us who are having this issue?

Do you have a high refresh rate monitor or play at 100+ fps?

My monitor is 60mhz, but I have the framerate cap turned off in Overwatch so my framerate is about 250 fps or so.

I got my M65 Pro RGB yesterday and have run into the same problems. I tried using different USB ports, 2, 3, even 3.1 and the pass-through on the Strafe RGB to no luck. I did end up saving the default dpi settings to the mouse itself and then uninstalled the CUE to see if it fixed the problem. It didn't. My current workaround is to leave the DPI on the default 3rd setting (green light on the profile) as this is the feel it was spiking to (I was using 800dpi). Instead I've got my overwatch sensitivity set to 2 to replicate the old 800dpi and 6 sensitivity I was using with my logitech G700s. I have not noticed the dpi shift on my desktop but I haven't played anything besides overwatch since its launch. I will experiment in other games this weekend though.

PS: Someone mentioned monitors as a possible culprit. I doubt it, but just to put the info out there, I'm running mine at 66hz... I take the overclocking where I can.

Edited by Crim

My monitor is 60mhz, but I have the framerate cap turned off in Overwatch so my framerate is about 250 fps or so.

Now that you mentioned it this started happening after i uncapped the fps on Overwatch.

Ill cap it and see if it makes any difference.

EDIT:

Nope didnt fix anything.

Edited by MUSE_iC

I've heard from a Corsair rep that I filed the ticket with that he has received a mouse with this similar issue and was able to recreate it in Diablo 3 on 1080p @ 60Hz. So it doesn't seem to be FPS related and does seem to be the issue with the hardware itself. Maybe the Pixart sensor itself is faulty.

I've also gone back to the Raptor M45 (which CUE doesn't support so I'm not using it either) and I haven't had this issue reoccur, so it doesn't seem to be me, but rather the mouse itself. My RMA has been approved and I'll send my mouse back in. Hopefully I don't get one with the same issue (or worse, the same mouse back). I'll keep checking here for updates and update with my own status once I have something new

Edited by Bojamijams

I think it might be a hardware issue. I got a replacement M65 today from Amazon and its working fine, no random spikes in sensitivity. However, I did not update the firmware, it's as is out of the box.

I think it might be a hardware issue. I got a replacement M65 today from Amazon and its working fine, no random spikes in sensitivity. However, I did not update the firmware, it's as is out of the box.

You should test it out for a good while and then when you are 100% sure its working as intended you should update. If it acts up again after you update then we will know its a fw issue.

You should test it out for a good while and then when you are 100% sure its working as intended you should update. If it acts up again after you update then we will know its a fw issue.

Agreed. Please note the firmware you have now so that if the new firmware DOES break it, you know what to request from Corsair to go back to.

And also help us in knowing what to request too

I literally just got this mouse 3 days ago. Whenever playing games, and games only so far, the sensitivity changes from my usual 680 DPI to something else and can be fixed by changing dpi back and forth or straight up unplugging the mouse. There cannot be any problem with the usb connection, as i am using the rear motherboard usb slots. I have all corsair peripherals. Not sure if i wanna keep it that way. :sigh!:

Edit: This sensitivity change is also happening even while browsing the web.

Edited by Any Random Name

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so I RMA'd my mouse a few weeks ago. Corsair sent me a new one and it had FW 1.01. I decided to leave it on that FW and use it for a bit to see if the issue reappeared.

After a few hours of Battlefield 4, CS:GO, Overwatch, and regular Desktop use I didnt have any issues so I decided to update the FW. I now have a few more hours of use on the latest FW (2.02) in the same activities and still have not had a single issue.

So it seems it most likely is a hardware issue and people with it might need to look into getting an RMA or returning their mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently updated the firmware on my M65 Pro RGB and that's when I started noticing the constant spikes in sensitivity while playing CSGO.

I am also unable to save my profile to device memory so now every time my computer wakes up from sleep or when I turn it on, it defaults to the factory lighting and dpi settings until CUE starts up.

This was never an issue with my mouse for the month or two before I updated the firmware.

I am using the USB hub on my Strafe keyboard, but as others have said, they are experiencing the same issues with mobo hubs.

My specs:

Windows 10 64 Bit

i7-6700K

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P

Reading through all the post it definitely seems to be something with games like Overwatch and CS:GO specifically thats causing this. I have not noticed any weird activity during normal desktop use, in minecraft, or DayZ all of which I have my DPI set to 1500. In Overwatch and CS:GO I have it set to 800.

So is this definitely a software thing though? No need to go through the process of trying to get a replacement?

I have this problem with both games and desktop use.

• 1 month later...

Are there any updates with regards to this problem? -

I'm on the verge of buying a new mouse (and it won't be a Corsair!) - My McCree aim becomes erratic as soon as this bug kicks in.

I also noticed another strange problem - sometimes I have to recalibrate my mouse against my mousepad - It's almost like it goes through an 'amnesia' phase mid game!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I began to have the same problem. The DPI rises randomly (with the led indicator showing up correctly the current level) and i'm able to down it by pressing the DPI down button, but unable to up it again, since the DPI up button makes absolutely no difference.

So I tried uninstalling the software, using it on another PC, but nothing seems to change. Sometimes it works for a few seconds after being inserted in the USB port, but right after the DPI up button doesn't work and will eventually keep going up randomly. I also noticed that when system boots up, when Windows takes place, the lights of the mouse keep going on and off while resetting the DPI to level 3 (the higher).

SOLUTION:

Almost 10 minutes have passed and no problem whatsoever. This solution though is kinda drastic. I disconnected the flat cable for the DPI buttons inside the mouse. So yeah, it's probably an hardware problem.

Honestly I don't use the DPI buttons at all. You can even change the DPI level with the software so that really makes no difference.

Maybe the problem is caused by Windows 10?

Anyway you can fin the tutorial of how to open the Corsair M65 on Fixit, search "Disassembling Corsair XX". You'll recognize the board that holds the DPI buttons since it's very clear.

I've done it myself (and I usually break stuff) so don't be afraid to fix it that way if you're out of warranty. Good luck.

P.S. Still checking the mouse and is going perfectly.

I have an RBG pro on Windows 10. Mouse is plugged directly into the motherboard usb ports. I am able to recreate this problem 100% while in game (Overwatch) and on my desktop.

Issue arises when rapid mouse movement occurs. Move your mouse around erratically and within 10 seconds the sensitivity changes to a much higher level.

As stated the only way to fix the issue that I have noted is to change your dpi in the software or with the DPI up or down buttons.

I can recreate this with the newest firmware provided as of today.

• 4 weeks later...