Corsair Community

h105 push or pull

victorgpu

Does not really matter. I have my CPU rad on exhale with the fans sandwiched between the case and the rad (rad>fan>case, so it's pulling air through the rad) and my GPU rad on intake in push/pull.

LTT made a video answering the question here: [ame=https://youtu.be/QjYli6itP38]a[/ame]

Most people prefer push (and as exhaust). At full load there is usually a slight 2-4C benefit for push. Most people are not running so close to the limit that it matters. However, the larger benefit may be in the noise profile. When in pull, the fan blades are closer to the radiator fins and this shifts the noise spectrum into a higher frequency. Not everyone cares about this, but it is something to take into account if you are interested in the overall system sound. You can use rubber gaskets/spacer/shrouds to move the pull fan farther from the radiator and lessen the effect, if you prefer pull for other reasons.

Normally, I am quick to suggest others not bother with push-pull. However, in your situation it may have some merit.

The H105 is a 38mm thick unit, more than the standard 27mm on most coolers. It also uses 120mm fans. Nearly all 120mm fans get a little buzzy above 1500 rpm. The extra airflow provided by the second set may allow you to stay just under the noisier part of the spectrum, but this must be balanced against the noise of two additional fans. With 4 fans, you may be able to utilize the lower range of the RPM band for gaming. In a 900D, you may not notice two additional fans turning away. That is the other factor. Most people are short on space. Not an issue with the 900D. The push-pull option may offer you some benefit at the cost of 2 more fans. I am sure you could always find a place for them in the 900 if they aren't needed.

Archived