Corsair Community

780T Case Cables

Henry R

This is my first PC build. The assembly of the components was very easy, but I`ve hit a brick wall when trying to connect the cables that are from the 780T`s front I/O panel. I cannot figure out where most of these cables connect on the mobo.

Is there detailed info that will show exactly where these cables connect on specific motherboards. In my case, the Asus Maximus VIII Extreme. :confused:

• Corsair Employees
This is my first PC build. The assembly of the components was very easy, but I`ve hit a brick wall when trying to connect the cables that are from the 780T`s front I/O panel. I cannot figure out where most of these cables connect on the mobo.

Is there detailed info that will show exactly where these cables connect on specific motherboards. In my case, the Asus Maximus VIII Extreme. :confused:

My workstation is a 780T and it does have a lot of connections, so it can be a little confusing when building. Hopefully this breakdown will help:

IO LED/Switch - 3 2pin Connections, 2 1pin connections labeled - goes to the motherboard

SATA Power - Goes to your PSU Peripheral cable - Powers the fans

Fan Connectors - 5 3pin connections - Case Fans controlled by the built in fan controller

Molex - 4pin connection - Goes to your PSU Peripheral cable - Powers LED's on IO panel

USB 3.0 - 19pin Plug - Goes to the motherboard

USB 2.0 - 9pin plug - Goes to the motherboard

Audio Header - 9pin Plug - Goes the the motherboard

My workstation is a 780T and it does have a lot of connections, so it can be a little confusing when building. Hopefully this breakdown will help:

IO LED/Switch - 3 2pin Connections, 2 1pin connections labeled - goes to the motherboard

Fan Connectors - 5 3pin connections - Case Fans controlled by the built in fan controller

Molex - 4pin connection - Goes to your PSU Peripheral cable - Powers LED's on IO panel

Okay, this is helping me figure out where some cables go.

One question though, If I don`t use the case`s fan speed control wires, and just connect my fans to the motherboard, do I still need to connect a PSU Peripheral Cable to the case`s SATA power connector?

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the post. I also bought 780T yesterday. I have one more question I have H 100i V2 cooler it should connect to the motherboard or with radiator fan cable.