Corsair Community

Corsair Link Custom Curve not working..

Kevolu

The last few days CL has been acting up for me. CL4 has worked for quite awhile without a problem but now I cant even use it at this point because of the incredibly loud fans at idle.

I have a custom curve set based on my CPU Package temp but it's not following it at all. Actually it's not following any of the preset curves either.

My Curve is set to about 800 RPMs at 25 degrees and goes to about 2500 RPMs at 70. Its hitting the max RPMs at random times even when my 6600k is about 30 degrees. It's weird because it will follow the curve but randomly just start ignoring it and going full blast until I go back to it and set it to custom(It's still on custom when I do this but appears to need reset over and over.. and over).

I've had quite a few problems with every Corsair Link I've used but always managed to figure out the problem. This time though it has me very annoyed and a bit stumped. Corsair Link just isn't very good from my experience, sadly.

Sorry if this has been addressed but I went through quite a few threads with no luck.

Also even though the curves are identical it will sometimes just be one fan that starts going full blast. It's happened 2x in the 10 minutes since my first post. I'm thinking I'll probably just go back to my Bios fan control. Seems like the logical choice considering Corsair Link is what it is.

You have not specified enough information for me to sensibly comment as:

1. You have no specified the CL device you have
  2. You have not specified CL version numbers
  3. Did you start getting issues when you changed to a different version
  4. You have not posted a screen shots showing how the custom curves are configured

Corsair Link just isn't very good from my experience

I concur with this. I also feel that the support provided by Corsair for CL4 since 01-Jan-2016 is far less than it used to be before then and is now far lees that it needs to be.

You have not specified enough information for me to sensibly comment as:

1. You have no specified the CL device you have
  2. You have not specified CL version numbers
  3. Did you start getting issues when you changed to a different version
  4. You have not posted a screen shots showing how the custom curves are configured

I concur with this. I also feel that the support provided by Corsair for CL4 since 01-Jan-2016 is far less than it used to be before then and is now far lees that it needs to be.

It's a Corsair H110i GT(must of edited this out of my initial post on accident)

It's Corsair Link 4.2.3.41

I've had it for quite awhile now and it just started happening.

The fan curve is simply a straight line from 800RPMs at 25 degrees and 2500 RPMs at 70 degrees.

My infant daughter is sick and laying on me right now so I can't really do much for the screenshot. The curve isn't the problem though anyway since it's worked perfectly with that curve for a long time now.

• Did you start getting issues when you changed to a different version

I've had it for quite awhile now and it just started happening.

I can't really do much for the screenshot.

Did the issue start when you changed from CL 4.2.2.27 to CL 4.2.3.41?

The screen shot answers several questions including which temperature source you are using to control the fans.

I haven't updated Corsair Link in a couple months and the problem just happened a few days ago.

I believe I already answered that, it's based on the CPU Package. Monitoring it showed the Package never got above 32 degrees which means it shouldn't of gone over 1k RPM's yet is getting upwards of 2k RPMs.

I just rewired my CPU Cooler fans to my Hub so I can control it through my BIOS.

I've given Corsair Link plenty of chances and it has repeatedly failed over time.

Controlling in the Bios is almost identical as I never have a need to adjust it so I'm content with that.

It's Corsair Link 4.2.3.41

I haven't updated Corsair Link in a couple months and the problem just happened a few days ago.

OK, It's good that using the ASUS BIOS works for you.

You can't have been using CL 4.2.3.41 for a couple of months as it was released 9 days ago on 11-May-2016.

Archived