Corsair Community

Firmware update stuck at 3%

brar

Hi Guys :)

so my corsair Strafe RGB cherry MX Brown keeps asking me to update firmware but I think its already up to date. Every time I press update button, it stops at 3% and keyboard freezes.

CUE 1.16.42

Firmware 2.04

Bootloader Version 0.14

USB 2.0

When I open device settings from CUE and try to update it, it says its already up to date.

also, Its not a big problem but my Caps lock, num lock on/off indicators at the top are not working from day one. If it is related.

Thanks

Right now 2.04 is the last version as far as I know, just ignore the message.

As for the indicators not working that sounds like an hardware issue, open a ticket with Corsair's support and see what they say. You might need to RMA it.

Right now 2.04 is the last version as far as I know, just ignore the message.

As for the indicators not working that sounds like an hardware issue, open a ticket with Corsair's support and see what they say. You might need to RMA it.

sorry for late reply

I can ignore the message because it rarely happens, like once a week but after that message keyboards freezes as soon as I get the message :(

can I just block CUE from internet with firewall ? :idea:

and I can just ignore the LED's because it will take weeks for RMA

Yes, you can block CUE in the firewall and it shouldn't cause any issue.

As for RMA, they do have an express RMA option where they first ship you the replacement and then you send back your old one. That will require to put an hold on your credit card until they receive the old device though.

Yes, you can block CUE in the firewall and it shouldn't cause any issue.

As for RMA, they do have an express RMA option where they first ship you the replacement and then you send back your old one. That will require to put an hold on your credit card until they receive the old device though.

cool, thanks for the help man :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem, but some things are different, I have tried updating on another computer and it worked flawlessly, but when I plug it back into my main PC it says that the update failed and has to be done again. I would just completely ignore the update, but whenever I open CUE to try and change some of the lighting which I really like, The lighting completely freeze, say the spiral rainbow stops spiraling. I don't have any USB 3.0 ports. Both of the connectors are plugged into 2.0. Please help!

Unable to Update Firmware

If your firmware update is stuck at 3% or doesn't work at all the the following

1. Use a different USB port or configuration. Remember if you are using USB 2.0 plug the one with the arrows in first followed by the one with the keyboard.

2. Try running CUE in compatibility mode

2. Make sure that if you use USB 3, use Intel port and not 3rd party vendor like ASmedia.

3. Go to your Corsair installation folder in program files; right click on the Corsair folder and select Properties

4. Then select the Security tab

5. Click on Edit button

6. Make sure that Users and also Trusted Installer has full control

7. Restart CUE and update firmware.

My keybaord was working fine 2-3 days ago and now it wont work at all so I grab my spare.

I see firmware update I click ok yet it stops at 3% and wont budge. I have try putting my keyboard into various usb slots on my pc to no avail I have pause and restarted my pc many times. I have run it in admin mode and nothing seems to work.

Any idea how to fix this so my keyboard can type. Its running the colors just fine I mean i havent edit it so its randomly doing colors atm

You have to close down pc completely.. pull power cord so its all off.. then power on pc en it will work again..

I have this seen with mine board too.. if pc is off the board will go into a factory(demo) mode, if i power on pc it will not be recognized and there will be something about the firmware... after completely power down pc and pull cord , it will work again.

Greetz,

Archived