Corsair Community

230T Front Intake Mesh Loose

Kimia

I've got a 230T Case. This morning when I powered on my desktop, it started making a racket. Turned off the computer, took off the sides and blew out what little dust there was.

Turned it back on. Still made a racket. On a whim, spun one of the front fans while the sides were back off. Observed that the front intake mesh was in contact with the fan's blade hub.

My temporary solution was to get the needle and threads from my sewing kit and sew the mesh back on to the plastic grate that it was originally glued to. I'm worried that repeated vibration on the thread that I used will cause it to snap and potentially get hung up in the fans.

Anyone have any solutions on how to glue the mesh back on to the front grate?

• Corsair Employees
Try removing the front fascia from the case and tighten the mesh against the outer bezel. I believe on this case it will either be small screws, or just simply fold the overlapped mesh back to put more tension.

It appears that there is no screws or other ways to tighten the mesh. From what I see, it looks like the mesh was intended to fit perfectly onto the grate and was glued onto the grate.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/Malka-Lexine/IMG_4511_zpscsbclvyt.jpg

The mesh is still glued on pretty good around the edges but its come loose in the center, which you can see the thread that I used to tighten the mesh in the center.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived