Corsair Community

Does O-ring Color make a difference?

les_garten

My question is practical, not technical.

Does it make a difference?

No. The difference is in the type of material, thickness and hardness.

50A clear 2mm o-rings will feel the same as 50A black 2mm o-rings as long as they are made of the same material. Many companies sell them in different colors to make them easy to identify. Often blue o-rings are 40A 2mm, red are 40A 1.5mm and black are 50A 2mm. I have clear o-rings in 1.5mm and 2mm, both are 50A.

No. The difference is in the type of material, thickness and hardness.

50A clear 2mm o-rings will feel the same as 50A black 2mm o-rings as long as they are made of the same material. Many companies sell them in different colors to make them easy to identify. Often blue o-rings are 40A 2mm, red are 40A 1.5mm and black are 50A 2mm. I have clear o-rings in 1.5mm and 2mm, both are 50A.

I know that the Durometer is a bit stiffer, I'm asking if the red blocks or colors the led "shine", "practically" speaking.

Thanx! That's what I was wondering.

If you want a set of 120 x 1.5mm 50A clear o-rings, pm me. I have a set that I installed for a week and decided I wanted 2mm. If you're in the US, pay the shipping and they are yours.

If you want a set of 120 x 1.5mm 50A clear o-rings, pm me. I have a set that I installed for a week and decided I wanted 2mm. If you're in the US, pay the shipping and they are yours.

Thanx for the offer, however, I just ordered a set that has shipped slow boat from China. So I'm in for a penny already.

Archived