Corsair Community

K70 Rapidfire RGB and Scimitar RGB Noise?

• 4 weeks later...

The buzzing/humming is very headache inducing.

It gets louder proportial to the backlight intensity, stopping completely when the RGB lighting is off.

Buzzing is relevent even when using Corsairs default profiles. I have tried using all the different USB ports on my PC, all cause the same issue.

Please tell me there is something to be done about this.

No point in an RGB keyboard if i must turn the lights off to save my brain.

hi Henry, mine was from newegg (my friend shipped it to taiwan for me.)

It's a very cool keyboard, I like it more then my Strafe RGB MX Silent.

But the high frequency noise let me turn off backlight.:[pouts:

Please help us to check this problem. thank you

http://i.imgur.com/zZBBjOc.jpg

• Corsair Employees

Hello cloudting,

Those are some beautiful shots of the kb! Anyhow, I know for a fact that not all of the keyboard is affected by this humming sound and a replacement will take care of it. Go ahead and submit a ticket and reference this post and we will take care of shipping for you as well. If you have any question, please let me know.

Just bought the K70 Rapidfire on 13 June 2016. Syn with my black scimitar on all color changing profiles without any issue. No buzzing sound whatsoever. Btw i am using a Aftershock laptop, window 10 pro, 8 gig ram, gpu gtx980m. Hope this help.

I was sceptical on buying the K70 Rapidfire after reading the forums but finally decided to give it a try as the keyboard is so cool. So far so good but will still monitor it. Will give further feedback later on.

• Corsair Employees
Just bought the K70 Rapidfire on 13 June 2016. Syn with my black scimitar on all color changing profiles without any issue. No buzzing sound whatsoever. Btw i am using a Aftershock laptop, window 10 pro, 8 gig ram, gpu gtx980m. Hope this help.

I was sceptical on buying the K70 Rapidfire after reading the forums but finally decided to give it a try as the keyboard is so cool. So far so good but will still monitor it. Will give further feedback later on.

Thank you for your honest feedback. This helps reassure that a replacement will address the buzzing for people who are affected.

Hello cloudting,

Those are some beautiful shots of the kb! Anyhow, I know for a fact that not all of the keyboard is affected by this humming sound and a replacement will take care of it. Go ahead and submit a ticket and reference this post and we will take care of shipping for you as well. If you have any question, please let me know.

hi Henry

thanks for your support :)

I'm looking for my receipt/invoice now, I lost it but the RMA need it:sigh!:

Archived