Corsair Community

Cherry MX Blue Switches help!

Real_Nitro

So I've been looking at the corsair keyboards and found cherry mx blue switches are only on LUX keyboards. Is it possible to not have it on LUX keyboards. I don't like the strafe font.

Are the LUX keyboards worth it? Are the original K95 and K70's worth it?

So I've been looking at the corsair keyboards and found cherry mx blue switches are only on LUX keyboards. Is it possible to not have it on LUX keyboards. I don't like the strafe font.

The thing is, Cherry MX Blue switches are only available (as of now) on STRAFE/STRAFE RGB, and non RGB K70 keybaords. Corsair used to make the K70 RGB Cherry MX Blue, but it was discontinued due to its "Unpopularity". So your only option for RGB Cherry MX Blue is the STRAFE or the new LUX keyboard that is coming out soon.

• Corsair Employees

We only have the blue switches on LUX RGB and STRAFE RGB at the moment. I doubt we will be releasing other variants for older models.

Hey Corsair Henry, have the previous issues from the k70 cherry mx blue keyboards been resolved on the new LUX keyboards? there was a lot of inconsistencies between blue switches switches on the k70 rgb cherry mx blue keyboards.

Hey Corsair Henry, have the previous issues from the k70 cherry mx blue keyboards been resolved on the new LUX keyboards? there was a lot of inconsistencies between blue switches switches on the k70 rgb cherry mx blue keyboards.

Would like to know this as well.

• Corsair Employees

It has been resolved. Cherry did have some QC issues in the past with blue switches, but we were able to work with them to get it addressed.

It has been resolved. Cherry did have some QC issues in the past with blue switches, but we were able to work with them to get it addressed.

This is GREAT news!! :D: I can't wait to receive my LUX!

Have you got yours yet? I am considering getting this keyboard but it would be amazing if i could get feedback first. Thanks! :D:

According to UPS, I should be receiving the keyboard on Tuesday.

What UPS Service did you use? (eg: UPS Worldwide Expidited) and when did you originally order the keyboard from corsair?

My order was placed on May 16th, and I selected the standard shipping service that was available for free (4-7 Business days)

It's discontinued on the older models, the lux is the first k70 that has proper blue's without being inconsistent. The lux model has proper 16.8m colors instead of 512,textured keycaps and a usb port. If it bugs you that much, buy custom keycaps.

Provide us with your feedback. We would like to hear what you think about the new LUX series.

See my other thread here. The keyboard it self is absolutely stunning. The LEDs glow up wonderfully, I like the look of more so than my Strafe.

But as the other thread mentions, the switches are stiff, hard to press, mushy, and the "clickyness" is inaudible half the time.

The thing is, Cherry MX Blue switches are only available (as of now) on STRAFE/STRAFE RGB, and non RGB K70 keybaords. Corsair used to make the K70 RGB Cherry MX Blue, but it was discontinued due to its "Unpopularity". So your only option for RGB Cherry MX Blue is the STRAFE or the new LUX keyboard that is coming out soon.

That's incorrect. The original Cherry MX Blue keyboards were discontinued due to QC issues at the with the switch manufacturing. They were popular and there was much disappointment expressed when this happened.

What irritates me to no end is there were plenty of us that had placed orders which were cancelled after a long wait and plenty of people waiting for the problem to be resolved. Rather than reintroduce products people had been waiting for, they simply introduced new lines. For those who were waiting on the K70, at least the LUX is a compatible alternative but those of us who waited months for a return of K95 RGB Blue have no valid alternative. I tried the K95 brown switches and didn't like them so I'm back to using my old v1 Black Widow with a few burned out LEDs. I'm sure I'll give up waiting at some point but its not looking like a Corsair product will be in the cards

That's incorrect. The original Cherry MX Blue keyboards were discontinued due to QC issues at the with the switch manufacturing. They were popular and there was much disappointment expressed when this happened.

[...]

Well, if you compare blue switches to red and brown they are the least popular switches. Here on the forum it seems the opposite only because the few peoples that cannot find them post here.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, if you compare blue switches to red and brown they are the least popular switches. Here on the forum it seems the opposite only because the few peoples that cannot find them post here.

That should be obvious due to the multitude of availability problems.

Archived