Corsair Community

STRAFE RGB override default profile

rizzotti91

Hello, I bought a STRAFE RGB few days ago. By installing the Corsair Utility, I changed the keyboard LED effect, but when I close the application, the keyboard restore its default profile with the red illumination for all the keys except for the WASD and the arrows that are white.

How can I override the standard profile?

Next to the profile name, click the three bar tab and set the profile to default, you can also save to device memory if you want a certain effect to show on startup of your computer.

I just tried to save profile in memory and set as default, but when I close the Corsair utility, the keyboard become red.

You cannot close it, you have to leave it minimized.

Sorry, but my question was different: If I don't have the software installed or I'm in the BIOS or in Linux, or in MAC, can't I choose a default color profile to show, instead of the red one?

Yes, as mentioned above you need to save a static lighting profile on the onboard memory. For example my keyboard has all the keys BLUE when CUE is not running.

But you first need to create the profile you want, any effects you add to it (or macros) won't be saved on the onboard memory.

• 7 months later...
Next to the profile name, click the three bar tab and set the profile to default, you can also save to device memory if you want a certain effect to show on startup of your computer.

Hm, if i click the three bar tab i dont get any set as default option.

I Only get; Create profile, Copy profile, Import/export, download custom profiles, save to memory, edit and delete.. Is there another name for "set as default"?

Hm, if i click the three bar tab i dont get any set as default option.

I Only get; Create profile, Copy profile, Import/export, download custom profiles, save to memory, edit and delete.. Is there another name for "set as default"?

That explanation is for CUE 1.x, if you are using CUE 2.x then you simply need to drag the profile as the first one in the list.