Corsair Community

Corsair link, cannot find multi rail mode setting on HXi series PSU.

smsmasters

The Corsair website states:

With Corsair Link Digital support, you can monitor power supply performance, toggle single rail or multi rail mode, and control fan speed directly from your desktop.

I see:

http://i.imgur.com/XoyGDtD.png

corsair's website is a little misleading. multiple rail setting is only available on AXi PSUs. the ability to switch between multi and single 12V rails rails is only available on all digital PSUs, which the HXi is not. HXi is an analog PSU, which extra circuits added that allow you to monitor certain features.

but it shouldn't really matter. there is no benefit in switching to multiple rails in your case. your PSU delivers up to 71 amps on the 12V rail, which is more or less manageable. where as a unit like the AX1500i can deliver 125amps on the 12V rail. that's enough to arc weld metal. splitting up the 12V rail makes it much safer to use. also allows OCP to actually be useful.

• Corsair Employees

Using Link 4.0, the "switch" that says "enable OCP" is how you toggle single vs. multiple +12V rail on an RMi or HXi.

What AXi adds is the ability to set the trip point for the OCP as well.

• Corsair Employees

OCP trip points were on the website, but it looks like they disappeared. I'll get with the web team to get that back up.

What would be the point of CL4 showing them? A static number? Or are you saying CL4 should show the current measurement for each shunt? That's not possible since there's no MCU reporting that. That information goes straight to the supervisor IC.

• Corsair Employees

I don't see how that could be illustrated in the software efficienctly, cleanly, etc. and I don't see the point.

Would you also like Link to display a static figure for UVP, OVP, OTP and OPP trip points as well?

Using Link 4.0, the "switch" that says "enable OCP" is how you toggle single vs. multiple +12V rail on an RMi or HXi.

What AXi adds is the ability to set the trip point for the OCP as well.

Thanks for the information. So OCP enabled = multiple rail on?

Best regards

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for the information. So OCP enabled = multiple rail on?

Best regards

Yes.

They changed the verbiage with Link 4. Since then there's been a lot of complaints that it causes confusion, so they're going to change it again in the next version of Link.

so they're going to change it again in the next version of Link.

Are you saying Corsair have given up on CL4 and there is now going to be a CL5 that will fix things please?

I recall CL3 was going to fix all the CL2 issues and CL4 was going to fix all the CL3 issues, so I have my doubts if CL5 will fix all the CL4 issues.

• Corsair Employees
Are you saying Corsair have given up on CL4 and there is now going to be a CL5 that will fix things please?

I recall CL3 was going to fix all the CL2 issues and CL4 was going to fix all the CL3 issues, so I have my doubts if CL5 will fix all the CL4 issues.

You're trolling. Shall I report your post?

Archived