Corsair Community

H110iGTX problem with fans

ben86

Hi,

when i install corsair link (tried many versions) the connected fans wont stay at one level ... they kind of pulse (see screenshot). it doesnt matter what mode or level i choose. When i close the application (fully) the fans will stay at one level without pulsing.

I tested it with at least the following versions:

v3.2.5742

v4.2.0.162

v4.2.1.42

v4.2.3.41 (right now)

Liquid Cooler Firmware says 2.4.0.0

did i miss any configuration or is it because of windows 10? i have no idea.

corsair.png.55742858065b43e8570c7ee56176aea5.png

took me some minutes to get an orientation with SIV :P but now i changed the mentioned fan to fixed pwm 40 and applied. that way works just fine. the fans spin at a constant level. same setup does not work in corsair link.

i changed the mentioned fan to fixed pwm 40 and applied. that way works just fine. the fans spin at a constant level. same setup does not work in corsair link.

Why am I not surprised!

Corsair seem to have lost the plot with CL4 and I am at a loss as to what to do about it. Something is very wrong when a 3rd party utility seems to work better than the Corsair provided one.

I wonder does the Corsair CEO Andy Paul know of all the Corsair Link issues and the lack of support from Corsair staff on the Corsair Link forum section? It's about time he made a similar post to http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=763184 about Corsair Link.

Are you using any other software that reports fan speeds? If so what?

Ben, You failed to answer this and it may provide some insight if you did.

i have aida64 extreme installed as well.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=852172 had you disabled Asetek LC + Corsair Link?

AIDA64 and SIV interlock access using the Global\Access_CorsairLink named mutex so will correctly report the CL hardware at the same time so you don't need to disable these.

CL4 fails to use the mutex, so you need to disable them if you use CL4 + AIDA64 at the same time.

CL4 and SIV can usually report CL hardware at the same time, but things may go wonky when you exit CL4 when SIV is active. I have done my best to work a round the poor CL4 code, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=851701.

As red-ray said, if you run AIDA64 with link you need to download the AIDA 64 beta and disable Asetek LC and Corsair Link support (uncheck it). I run Link and AIDA64 without issue once I did this.

If you run HWinfo you have to disable monitoring of any Link connected devices by HWinfo, just don't have both trying to monitor the same things.

The world has changed, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853939 and then get the latest AIDA64 v5.70.3853 or later ;):

At least for me, the beta did not fix the fan pulsing issue when using AIDA and Link simultaneously, but it did fix all my other problems.

OP: Download the newest AIDA beta and give it a shot. If you still have the pulsing issue like I did, make sure "Asetek LC sensor support" is disabled (uncheck the box), the rest you can leave as is. You won't be able to monitor the AIO temps/speeds in AIDA but it won't interfere with Link any more so you can just set your fan profile and monitor the cooler from there.

Same happens with me using the latest version of clink and using a h100igtx, fans spin up and down, up and down every few seconds.

I thought maybe the temp of my cpu was just hovering above and below some threshold, so I changed the graph to try and flatten out the up and down revving but nothing works.

I can set the speeds to a constant 40% 50% even 100% and the fans constantly spin up and down every couple of seconds. I even tried setting the custom mode so that the fans shouldnt change between 25oC and 40oC cpu temps, but even with the cpu at 28oC the fans continued to spin up and down.

The only way I can get some relief is by using the "default" setting for the fans but that limits what I can do to basically nothing.

This carry on with clink has been going on for ages, I had the h70 a few years back and it worked ok but ever since I have needed to use clink with this h100igtx it has never worked properly, multiple revisions later and its still as bad as it was, the only real difference I notice now is that to load bad software it doesnt take as long as it used to, a second or two compared to about 20 with older clink versions.

Same happens with me using the latest version of clink and using a h100igtx, fans spin up and down, up and down every few seconds.

I thought maybe the temp of my cpu was just hovering above and below some threshold, so I changed the graph to try and flatten out the up and down revving but nothing works.

I can set the speeds to a constant 40% 50% even 100% and the fans constantly spin up and down every couple of seconds. I even tried setting the custom mode so that the fans shouldnt change between 25oC and 40oC cpu temps, but even with the cpu at 28oC the fans continued to spin up and down.

The only way I can get some relief is by using the "default" setting for the fans but that limits what I can do to basically nothing.

This carry on with clink has been going on for ages, I had the h70 a few years back and it worked ok but ever since I have needed to use clink with this h100igtx it has never worked properly, multiple revisions later and its still as bad as it was, the only real difference I notice now is that to load bad software it doesnt take as long as it used to, a second or two compared to about 20 with older clink versions.

Are you running another monitoring software like AIDA64 or HWinfo?

Yea aida 64 ext.

It was only after i posted did i notice that a beta update for aida fixed the spin up and down problem.

But still I dont wanna be seen as moaning, even when I only had clink installed, invariably it would need to be shutdown and restarted a few times after booting the pc before it would work properly.

It seems to be working ok atm with beta aida installed so I will see how it goes, fingers crossed it will be ok.

Archived