Corsair Community

Corsair Air 240 Case: radiator capacity

hilisopo

I am in love with the Air 240 case and want to fit in an Asus maximus VIII gene with one NVIDIA GTX 1080 and possibly in the future the second GTX 1080. So these are 3 "needed" 120 radiators.

The case fits two radiators in the front but, could it reach the cord to fit a third one in the power supply side? I mean, there is a place for a fan but I dont know if it would reach from the CPU so that both GPUs go to the 2 frontal fan spaces.

I dont actually own one to be meassure it myself.

I think two water cooled GPU's without building your own loop is going to be a tough ask and we'll have to wait and see how feasible air cooling is on the new cards with no spacing. This thread has an inventive way to get another radiator into the case, although is does come with some compromises. As for the front, you won't be able to put two 120mm radiators side by side. The radiators are larger than a 120mm fan and there won't be enough room for two with the end caps, hoses, and larger frame.

The back grill has some possibilities and perhaps another could be externally mounted, but you are then no longer in the plug and play category.

Archived