Corsair Community

HG10 A1 installed, no longer posting

chitownbrownie

Is it possible you shorted a connection (metal on metal) or broke a solder when you installed the bracket? Did you over-tighten the bracket? It needs to be just barely hand tight and if you push too hard you can break things off.

Did you wear an anti-static band? Maybe you discharged to the GPU and fried something?

Have you tried a different PCIe slot? Have you tried to clear the CMOS?

Just trying to go through some possibilities, it sounds like you're either forgetting to plug a cable in or you fried the GPU during installation.

This is similar to a problem I had before. Somehow I fried my GPU by plugging in a second hard drive. All the fans work on the original one, none of the PCIE slots work for signal. I might just try and get the MOBO replaced again. Just to double check, to clear the CMOS I just remove the battery and all power for about a minute right?

So I wanted to see if there would be any beeps and I got nothing, I also noticed that my Wifi card does not have its lights turn on, so I am thinking it is a dead mobo. Could this be from accidentally booting the PC and not having the GPU plugged into the PSU?

No, that wouldn't do it. If you get no lights, beeps, nothing from your mobo then that means it's probably one of two problems. You're either not getting power from the PSU (dead unit, or missing cable connections to the mobo), or you have a dead mobo (maybe caused by static discharge, a short/surge, or having broken off a key component). If you have another PSU try that, if that doesn't work it's probably the mobo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived