Corsair Community

RobM-UK

Hi,

I have a BitFenix case and would like to check if this closed loop water cooler Corsair Hydro H105 240mm will have issued fitting the top of the case. The motherboard will be Asus Maximus VIII Hero/Alpha with an i7 6700K (not overclocking for now as budget won't allow it just yet) with 850W psu. Appears there is no issue but wanted to make sure before I buy it. Thanks in advance.

I can't tell you if the Ghost and H105 are 100% compatible. They do appear to be. However, the best place to look is on the Bitfenix forums and/or search the combination for people complaining of issues.

The two common roadblocks are improper spacing between fans (15 or 20mm). Some cases can do both, but I can't tell from the BitFenix page. The other is motherboard clearance. The H105 is 38mm + 25mm of fan. Usually not a problem, but a narrow case in combination with a board with lots of heatsinks up top can cause an issue.

As for the fans, on the H105 you need to run them from the board or other fan controller. Surely all Skylake boards can run DC or PWM. However, on the Asus my preference would be for the PWM version. If you run BIOS only fan control, PWM fans can be set extremely low. DC fans have a minimum 60% fan speed when controlled by BIOS only on recent Asus boards. AI Suite can overcome that limitation, but it may not be part of your plans.

On an H105, my preference would be for the Performance Edition SP120 PWM. The Quiet Edition will cap you at about 1300-1350 against the radiator. That is enough to be effective, but with a thicker 38mm radiator you may want the extra RPMs for heavy duty applications. The specifications suggest the Perf. edition PWM can run as low 1300. I suspect it can go lower. Perhaps someone else with them can verify.

Thank you for reply, I did email them and they seem to pass the buck, so here I am, admittedly they say it should but told me to come here.

It should fit if You Mount the fans on top of the rad space and radiator on the bottom of the top panel

Anyway some very very thick radiator could not fit

You should check how thick is the H105 and see if it will fit inside

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not open another ticket. Instead, please login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

https://support.bitfenix.com/view.php?auth=o1xjylqaahtdyaaa%2F1iVeQs4vB6eSw%3D%3D

BitFenix Support

According to parts picker there is no compatibility issues.

That's the problem when you are trying to match up products from different manufacturers, everyone seems to pass the buck.

I'm slightly confused by your statement "not overclocking for now as budget won't allow it just yet", overclocking is a great FREE way to get extra power from your cpu by making a few changes in your BIOS. I have the Maximus VIII Hero and it's a brilliant board for an overclock.

I know but for I would probably need a better cooler...that is why I said it. How reliable is pricepicker, according to them there is no issues. Rest are bits from my current rig which I will reuse, the gpu is the closes I could get to what I have now. I plan on getting an nvidia at a later stage.

http://s25.postimg.org/5hhia2hqn/Capture.png

The H105 will be plenty of cooler to handle most anything short of sport overclocking on a 6700K. You will become voltage and/or CPU thermal transfer limited before you can exceed the cooler. So unless you meant the H105 is part of your future plan, you should be good to go from the start.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived