Corsair Community

Corsair Void USB (Cabled) unknown device

Wesugi

Hello everyone,

i recently bought a Corsair Void USB (cable) and it worked okay so far.

2 Days ago I made a clean windows install with formating the hard drives.

Yesterday it worked just fine, but since today, it is listed as "Unknown Device" and can not be found by the CUE either. So i tried to plug it into all USB ports that i have. Nothing. I plugged a differend Logitech Headset into my pc's ports. Works like a charm. I tried to plug my Corsair Void into a different PC: Unknown device.

So i've read in posts of the Void Wireless, that this has to do with the Bootloader. But its not possible to follow the steps to fix this with the cable version.

What should i do? I really would wish my headset would work again. Do i Have to return it?

Sincerly

Wesugi

Hello Wesugi,

I would advise that you call into tech support for assistance. Under your device manager, do you see Corsair VOID usb?

I already opened a Ticket. (Nr. 6773897) (in german though, I can do that in english as well if thats a problem)

And no, it says precisely: "Unknown Device".

Pluging it into 2 different PC's delivers the same entry as "Unknown Device"

Have you tried plugging the headset on a different computer? Does the headset work fine?

Have you also tried allowing Windows Update to find a driver for the headset via Device Manager?

As in my first post: Yes i did, it still didn't work. And yes i already tried windows to update the drivers as well. Still: Unknown device

Archived