Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro CMY32GX3M4A2400C11 4x8gb KIT

ViRuS2k

Hi guys, just got this stuff, i was just wondering if there was anyone out there with the same stuff that has tweaked there`s......

also what IC`s does this memory have,

if you have tweaked them i would like to know how fast you got them with relaxed timings or what timings did you use to get the tightest timings @ default 2400mhz speeds

or lower mhz 2133 @ tightest timings again

basicly the best you could get with high mhz vs low mhz with as tight of settings as possible....

though is this memory any good from what i have gathered on the net the stuff seems good im just trying to find out the best timings for the stuff :D

http://i.imgur.com/3Vz9bYV.jpg

uploaded a image so that somone or corsair can give me some tips into tweaking these further.....

like what settings to change ect to make them tighter.

i have been trying myself and the image is the results of me doing blind testing

if it boots and has no memtest errors its good enough for me but i have no idea how to oc memory other than the normal way either higher mhz or tighter timings on the first 4 options only but these others i have no idea what im changing lol

anyway take a look and if you spot something thats not right let me know.

You can try to reduce

tRRD 4

tRTP 4

tCKE 4

tWCL to 7 / 6

tRDRD_dr 5

tRDRD_dd 5

tWRWR_dr 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

tWRWR_dd 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

Other than that your timings are already pretty decent. How much bandwidth does that translate into @ Aida64?

You can try to reduce

tRRD 4

tRTP 4

tCKE 4

tWCL to 7 / 6

tRDRD_dr 5

tRDRD_dd 5

tWRWR_dr 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

tWRWR_dd 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

Other than that your timings are already pretty decent. How much bandwidth does that translate into @ Aida64?

Currently with the settings in my first post these are the aida readings, i dont think there that good tbh not much different compaired to the XMP 1.3 profile on the sticks anyway, the only thing thats much better is the latency 55 drop to low 45

here is a image of the speeds...

i will try your settings and report back later

if the system does not post with reducing any of those settings of yours to try,

could it be a voltage thing, see im not sure what IC`s are on these sticks so unsure if upping the voltage will do more harm than good, then there is also motherboard voltages when 4 sticks are being occupied not sure what those are to bump up or if bumping those up will help.....

anyway here is the image for now :

http://i.imgur.com/PrIh2r3.jpg

A bit more V can help with tightening timings, but you will probably be limited by the high density and IC quality / your weakest stick in the end.

If your kit is Ver5.2x then it is 4Gbit Hynix and the Ver4.2x is 4Gbit Samsung based.

Bandwidth looks alright for those settings.

A bit more V can help with tightening timings, but you will probably be limited by the high density and IC quality / your weakest stick in the end.

If your kit is Ver5.2x then it is 4Gbit Hynix and the Ver4.2x is 4Gbit Samsung based.

Bandwidth looks alright for those settings.

Well i cant seem to find the version, does not say version on the box just revision A

with CMY32GX3M4A2400C11R

These are 4 sticks all 8gb in size wrapped in a 32gb kit.

if that helps find out the IC`s so i know what voltages these can take without burning them or doing harm, also im using on of those corsair flow fan things lol

i will report back though on the settings you said later on today when i get home, if your alive online around 7pmish uk time i will catch your reply then and report back :)

Currently with the settings in my first post these are the aida readings, i dont think there that good tbh not much different compaired to the XMP 1.3 profile on the sticks anyway, the only thing thats much better is the latency 55 drop to low 45

here is a image of the speeds...

i will try your settings and report back later

if the system does not post with reducing any of those settings of yours to try,

could it be a voltage thing, see im not sure what IC`s are on these sticks so unsure if upping the voltage will do more harm than good, then there is also motherboard voltages when 4 sticks are being occupied not sure what those are to bump up or if bumping those up will help.....

anyway here is the image for now :

http://i.imgur.com/PrIh2r3.jpg

I've done a quick AIDA benchmark for you to compare with. My CPU is clocked a bit lower than yours and my memory 100 MHz higher. I haven't really fiddled around in the BIOS as I let the Asus AI Tweaker decide what's best for me (from within UEFI, not the OS).

http://i.imgur.com/nZZ9v4U.png

I've done a quick AIDA benchmark for you to compare with. My CPU is clocked a bit lower than yours and my memory 100 MHz higher. I haven't really fiddled around in the BIOS as I let the Asus AI Tweaker decide what's best for me (from within UEFI, not the OS).

http://i.imgur.com/S8BgtbJ.png

Mate, i know DDR4 is a lot faster,, this is about DDR3 not DDR4, and completely different board architecture z97 vs x99 we know x99 is faster, also my board is dual channel vs quad channel on yours......

nice e-peen screenshot though... but this type of post is not informational to me, its like your showing off.

Mate, i know DDR4 is a lot faster,, this is about DDR3 not DDR4, and completely different board architecture z97 vs x99 we know x99 is faster, also my board is dual channel vs quad channel on yours......

nice e-peen screenshot though... but this type of post is not informational to me, its like your showing off.

My apologies, I am way past the show off age (32) so that was not my intention. I honestly thought you were running DDR4 sticks (didn't even know DDR3-2400 existed) and was trying to get the best possible timings. Your memory latency is way better than mine (45.1 vs 66.7ns) but now I see that's self-explanatory since you're using DDR3.

My apologies, I am way past the show off age (32) so that was not my intention. I honestly thought you were running DDR4 sticks (didn't even know DDR3-2400 existed) and was trying to get the best possible timings. Your memory latency is way better than mine (45.1 vs 66.7ns) but now I see that's self-explanatory since you're using DDR3.

yeah thats about the only thing thats lower on ddr3, Its due to the lax timings on ddr4 compared to ddr3... as ddr4 prefers high through output compared to latency.

anyway yeah ddr3 i have :)

now back to my mission hahaha :D

You can try to reduce

tRRD 4

tRTP 4

tCKE 4

tWCL to 7 / 6

tRDRD_dr 5

tRDRD_dd 5

tWRWR_dr 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

tWRWR_dd 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

Well mate i have gotten around to testing those settings and some of them can be lowered.

here is the report now on what the timeings are, the others though they cant be changed as in none boot....

http://i.imgur.com/BC24YlN.jpg

For some reason reducing those settings didnt make much of a difference, well anyway the settings that did reduce that is...

im guessing the ic and dim density is maxing out on these, they are after all 8gb sticks and all 4x are occupied so i guess this is the max speed i will get with them....

Archived