Corsair Community

Scimitar issues

Nozerone

So I got the Scimitar yesterday, and got it all set up the way I wanted it. Lights are still just fine, scroll wheel and the 2 main mouse buttons work as intended. The number buttons on the side, and the 2 small buttons in the middle on the top no longer work though. I tried to remap them to see if they would start working again, and nope. The Corsair utility engine also likes to crash after I try to remap any of the buttons.

Saw some people having issues after the firmware update. Do I need to try a re-install, or is this an issue where I'm going to have to wait for a patch?

This happening just after 1 day of having it really sucks. Especially considering I have been using Razer mice for over the past 10 years, and this Scimitar is meant to replace my Razer Naga which I have been using for the last 5 years. The only reason I chose this Scimitar over another Razer mouse, is because I like the way it feels, and looks.

Just be patient because some of us are having same trouble. Sometimes the side buttons works... sometimes not.

Corsair representatives on this forum said that this is a problem only for a handful of us. And that they are trying to reproduce the problem on their side.

My recomendation: just return this mice and get another one, not Scimitar, and stay update to see if they solve this problem in the near future.

• Corsair Employees
So I got the Scimitar yesterday, and got it all set up the way I wanted it. Lights are still just fine, scroll wheel and the 2 main mouse buttons work as intended. The number buttons on the side, and the 2 small buttons in the middle on the top no longer work though. I tried to remap them to see if they would start working again, and nope. The Corsair utility engine also likes to crash after I try to remap any of the buttons.

Saw some people having issues after the firmware update. Do I need to try a re-install, or is this an issue where I'm going to have to wait for a patch?

This happening just after 1 day of having it really sucks. Especially considering I have been using Razer mice for over the past 10 years, and this Scimitar is meant to replace my Razer Naga which I have been using for the last 5 years. The only reason I chose this Scimitar over another Razer mouse, is because I like the way it feels, and looks.

Have you tried restarting CUE for now and see if that works? We are still trying to pin point the cause of the scimitar side buttons freezing to some users.

Archived