Corsair Community

Wireless VOID - Bricked?

Hey all,

So it won't charge, or show any colours, pairing won't work as the headset legit has no lights anywhere, yet it shows up under devices and device manager as "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" which means it isn't the boot thingo I read about?

I've tried all different USB ports, I don't have another cable so I can't try that yet, CUE won't let me update the firmware cos it says it isnt connected :(

Please help. Had this less than a month. :(

Edited by Kitten

I'm in the same boat... Exactly the same issue actually. I read another thread that spoke to a forced firmware update, but that is not an option when CUE doesn't recognize the headset. Help?

Well, if either of us figure it out let's make sure to let the other one know :)

Would you happen to know if there's a way to download the firmware separately so we could use the 'firmware image' option perhaps?

If it's on bootloader, it should be showed as "Avnera AV6302" on your devices.

Open Devices and Printers (Control Panel) while the headset is plugged in and turned on;

If the VOID Wireless is in bootloader mode. It will be detected as Avnera AV6302.

If the VOID Wireless is not in bootloader mode, it will be detected as a VOID Wireless Gaming Headset.

If you are getting a unknown device, Try a different USB port and microUSB cable and see if that helps.

Which VOID headset are you using? Is it currently working fine in Windows or is it stuck in bootloader mode/not showing any signs of life, etc

Same situation with the one at german forum. I don't know the issue or what can do against it. I say him he should do a technical question/rma.

I have a little fear for firmware update 38.01. Other thing which is active on my device, is the option "Disable auto shutoff".

It looks like the headset is not detected when its connected to the USB cable.

If you have tried multiple cables, putting the headset into bootloader mode again, plugged the headset into a different computer and nothing still works, you can request an RMA to replace the headset.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

So putting it in bootloader mode is holding down its buttons when it's plugged in via usb right?

Hi I've just got one of these (2nd one infact!) and still keep having the same issues. First one would not update firmware, 2nd one I was able to.

Firmware did update, however the headset remains completely inactive. No lights, either on the mic or on the headset itself.

I've plugged it into multiple USB ports left the thing on charge now for a while.

So far the dongle just has a slow flashing white light on it which means it's not seeing the headset.. yet windows has identified it as such.

What on earth do i do? I'm getting tired of having to fight with this and finding no end of problems, Corsair was a name I trusted to be good quality. Now I'm not so sure and highly considering returning this second set and giving up completely on what is a very nicely fitting headset that's let down by massively crap software!

*UPDATE*

Decided not to continue fighting with it, now returned and brought myself a logitech one instead.

Edited by Sf_Mason
Updated

contact customer support, i have never had an issue with updating of firmware, on a few headsets i have had to do.. make sure your not using USB3.0 port & also force the firmware flash again, but put both headsets in bootloader mode & make sure they are charged once the update is complete

if the void RGB Wireless is functionally, it should be showed on device manager as PID_1B28. Check symbolic, if you can't interpret the german words. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=25173&d=1463226524

If the void is connected via dongle, it shows also PID_1B28, but if it's off and connected through cable, it shows PID_1B28 too.

• 4 years later...

What do I do if it shows as Avnera AV6301 in printers and devices?

and in the CUE software it shows as a "Generic Headset".

In The CUE software it says that i have to plug in a usb cable to the headset, but my pc doesnt recognise it. I tried to do the method of the mute button and nothing happened, idk if it is in bootloader mode, please help

• Corsair Employee
What do I do if it shows as Avnera AV6301 in printers and devices?

and in the CUE software it shows as a "Generic Headset".

In The CUE software it says that i have to plug in a usb cable to the headset, but my pc doesnt recognise it. I tried to do the method of the mute button and nothing happened, idk if it is in bootloader mode, please help

Have you tried "Uninstall device" in device manager? The headset should pop up under the "Audio inputs and outputs" category. After uninstalling the device, follow-up with restarting your PC (with headset still connected). This process clears the existing driver and allows Windows to find a corresponding driver upon restart. If that does not help, I suggest opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support team will take care of you.