Corsair Community

corsair ax1200i red led

Excalibur1976

Hi all just brought a refurbished ax1200I and need some help please. I have been building a new dual loop pc and whilst waiting for a few parts I thought I would fill the first loop! So I disconnected all cables off the psu and put a wire between the green and earth on the 24pin and the psu fan started with a green led and the pump started fine,but after 20min the psu was slightly warm to the touch and then the pump stoped with a red led after leaving it for a couple of minutes it started for a minute and then the red led again and no power. So I was thinking maybe it was the pump so I tried the other reservoir and pump and the same happend! So is it that the whole pc is not connected and as it's a digital psu it knows or is the psu faulty. Hope you can help thanks. Just to add there is only one Molex cable attached to the psu and the pump no other hardware.

Don't know what's going on then mate. Got up this morning and thought I would try another Molex cable and run 2 pumps together so that's 36watts and it ran for 1 hour and I turned it off great! Then I ran 1 pump and it ran for 6 minutes and the red led came on O.K. then ran 2 pumps again and the red light came on �� now it won't run 2 pumps wtf..... It has to be the psu at fault and I thought buying a good psu would be a good investment! Think I should of stuck with my old one lol

I suspect you were just unlucky. I would either return it to the supplier and ask for a replacement or RMA it via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

Yes will have to now mate because it won't self test either now! The fan pulses and the red led is permantly on. I suspect like a lot of returns its been plugged in, seen that it's working then sold on as tested. Just hope this time it's done properly.

Archived