Corsair Community

Missing XMP Profile for LPX 32GB

wiggumon

I just wanted to ask a question in order to make sure I am not missing something super obvious. I am using "Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz C15 Memory (CMK32GX4M4A2133C15)" which works just great. I really like this memory, however, when I enter the BIOS on my Asus Z170-A I don't actually have any XMP profiles in the drop down. I have also tried turning the switch on the motherboard to "on" but that hasn't enabled any XMP profiles either.

I have manually increased the speed to 2400MHz and that seems to work just fine but before I start really digging into manually setting memory options I thought I would ask about not having any XMP options at all. Did I miss something or are XMP options not available for this memory on a Z170-A mobo? Any guidance would be great.

-wigg

For those particular modules, your timings are the JEDEC standard timings for 2133, so there is no XMP setting. The XMP is just a preset of values. It does not necessarily indicate the quality of the memory. Bad memory is bad memory, even if you give it a one-click overclock setting. My experience with the LPX DDR4 kits have been very good. My original 2666C15 4x4 kit could run 3000 and that was in the early days of DDR4.

See also here here. That kit is a little different. It's "XMP" preset sets tighter timings at 2133 rather than an increased frequency. Any time you want to put out a module with different timings and/or frequency than 2133 15-15-15-36. you must provide a XMP preset on the module. Those are the rules. Since your timings are those values, there is no need to provide the XMP setting.

Archived