Corsair Community

Question about H100i v2

IcEWoLF

Hi guys, I have a question, with my asus maximus VIII hero the corsair link showed 0 rpm, so I went into the bios and changed the cpu fan to be full speed so I could change speeds at that point using the corsair link.

The problem I am facing now is that on quiet mode the fan runs 1100 rpm, and when I use balanced it cranks it up to 1740+...is this right? Do I have to make any changes into the bios?

Do I have to make any changes into the bios?

No, all the CPU Fan header does is to provide the constant +12 volts that the H100iV2 fan/pump/LED controller needs.

The problem I am facing now is that on quiet mode the fan runs 1100 rpm, and when I use balanced it cranks it up to 1740+...is this right??

Yes. Maybe you should setup a Custom Curve for the H100iV2 Fan.

You should also add your PC Specs to your profile.

As above. You also need to post your H100 GTX Temp (water temperature) for those speeds for anyone to verify if the cooler is functioning properly. That is the dependent variable for fan speed and it's baseline is largely influenced by room temperature. In 15C room, the fans won't turn much. If it's 27C in your room, you are going to get a lot of fan on the default settings.

Water temperature range is somewhat narrow. Most people have values between 20-22C (cold boot, cold room) and 45C (hot room + load). Since mathematically each degree represents a noticeable change in fan speed, it may be advantageous to set a relatively flat custom curve, with a more substantial rise at the end -- wherever you feel is the limit. Also, remember the fans' job is to remove heat from the water, not cool the CPU directly. So if the water isn't heating up, you don't need more fan, even if the CPU is warm.

Archived