Corsair Community

Corsair keyboard question

skules

Hi, I'm looking to buy a corsair k70 keyboard but i had a few questions, which for the life of me cannot find definitive answers for.

1. Vengenance vs CG. Is this simply just a branding thing or are they actually different?

2.Gen 1 is vengenace and gen 2 + 3 are CG. Are there actually any differences between them (reliability / better manufacturing / QC /etc. ) or simply just newer.

3. Are cherry mx speed switches kind of like cherry mx red's with o rings?

4. I use a microsoft sidewinder x4 which is regarded as having very nice rubber dome switches. Which cherry switch would you reccomend if i like it? Cherry reds?

Bonus question - Does the gen 2 logo look as bad IRL? It looks like it's some kind of sticker thing.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

1. Vengenance vs CG. Is this simply just a branding thing or are they actually different?

- It will depend on which model you are comparing. Vengeance K70 is a plug and play unit that is not compatible with our CUE software. CGK70RGB is compatible with CUE, which allows you to set macros and remap keys etc.

2.Gen 1 is vengenace and gen 2 + 3 are CG. Are there actually any differences between them (reliability / better manufacturing / QC /etc. ) or simply just newer.

- They are pretty much the same, with the exception of the logo differences.

3. Are cherry mx speed switches kind of like cherry mx red's with o rings?

- Cherry MX Speed is linear like the reds. The travel distance for actuation is 1.2mm rather than 2mm.

4. I use a microsoft sidewinder x4 which is regarded as having very nice rubber dome switches. Which cherry switch would you reccomend if i like it? Cherry reds?

-Comparing mechanical to rubberdome is a night and day difference. You should get a hands on experience with the different switches.

Bonus question - Does the gen 2 logo look as bad IRL? It looks like it's some kind of sticker thing.

- I dont know what gen two means. If you have the part number, I can tell you the difference.

The only difference is the logo.

This is how it transitioned: Classic sails logo > Corsair gaming ( swords logo) > New Sails logo

Can I get a new logo plate to replace the swords logo on my K65 RGB? I like either of the sails logos better but the older one matches the logo on my 450D case.

Never mind, just bought one on eBay.

Archived