Corsair Community

Solution to 330R and 100i GTX mismatch?

Rostad

I've also bought the Corsair 330R case along with the Corsair 100i GTX under the assumption that these would match without any issues.

But as other discovered - the cooler tubes are "resting" on the rear fanblades...

I've solved it by pulling the tubes from the rear end of the case towards to front using plastic strips... but its looking crappy and im not very happy with this solution.

I've asked Corsair - they are not very helpful (responded with: "tie the tubes together carefully") so I would like to know if anyone else here have thought of a brilliant way to solve this?

http://www.rostads.com/Corsair.JPG

The response from Corsair:

Technically, the cooler fit inside the case just fine. It's the combination of other components altogether that created the clearance issue. This is something common when building a system, especially when you are using a small case.

Will be my last Corsair items with that attitude - not to be recommended at all - ever...

• 3 weeks later...

At this point you might not check the topic again but incase you do, you could try mounting the rear fan outside the case. And then run the fan cable through one of the 3 holes right under the fan.

Granted that may still be unsightly, but its better than what you currently have. And since it is in the back, most people won't see it (then again they won't see those three chained linked cable ties either if the door was closed). But its an idea at least.

It's probably not pretty, but much prettier than all the previous solutions (like getting the fan out of the case or pulling the hoses).

Have you tried installing the pump's head in a different direction? The logo wont have the correct orientation, for sure, but everything else might just snap into place?

Other option would be to mound the cooler on the front of the case?

Best regards,

Rafa.

hard to blame corsair for this one I think, I don't buy a mustang convertible then go shopping for a sunroof, you have to research these things a bit. pc partpicker .com will help you research your system build and what clearance or connectivity issues you might have in the future.**unless you are willing to accept the consequences. In my situation I got a H110iGT for my corsair 200R to replace my 100i. Specs said it would fit but ram clearance was not taken into account. So I had to mount the fans on top of the case. The result however is that at stock settings my computer at ambient 68F 20C idles at 5 degrees Celsius and the proof is on the board. I'm running prime 95 tests at o/c 4.62 with no cpu spread spectrum and my only issue is the v core getting warm. the chip maxes at 42C with an ambient of 30 degrees C and the seat gets to 60. The motherboard is a sabertooth 990fx r2.0 so the vcore can handle some pretty high temps and I grind it with prime 95 and am working on a solution for the v core to drop it down so this thing can handle some vegas warm goin on. If you don't want to mod your case and setup get a new case. Otherwise the solution you have so long as its not stopping the blades from spinning isn't the worst solution ever devised. You did a pretty good simple fix I'd be happy with it. Before I went drilling holes in my window and putting a fan in there I made this then decided to build an elbow bracket from my exhaust fan to mount another fan closer to the v core and take out heat so I don't have a fan cable to disconnect from my window whenever I take off the case. I'm also making a sliding protective cover for the fans on top. So on the suggestion of putting the exhaust fan on the outside mount it on the outside from the inside and use a metal mesh plate cover to protect the exposed end.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25461&d=1464397700attachment.php?attachmentid=25365&d=1463930364

attachment.php?attachmentid=25366&d=1463930371attachment.php?attachmentid=25368&d=1463930392attachment.php?attachmentid=25376&d=1463936657

Archived