Corsair Community

BSOD and freezing with cm3x2048-1333c9dhx

maraxion

Hello.

So I bought 4x stick of cm3x2048-1333c9dhx a while back. And Iv now had problems with it in 2 different motherboards! I get freezing, windows errors and bluescreens.

Tried to run memtest86 on both computers and the ram comes out good...

So iv tried to read abit online and it seems a lot of people are having issues and need to up the voltage, cool it etc. On the sticks it says 1.5Volt Rev 7.1 btw.

Do anyone have an idea what this can be, and if its a volt issue, what volt should I use?

The machine is not overclocked(yet) because its not stable.

I am not sure with this model number, but this is not an original quad kit or is it? Then are all four sticks Ver7.1?

Mixing kits can be hit or miss. Sometimes upping the Vdimm a bit helps, other times you might need to dial in timings manually and then there are cases where it is just not happening at all.

I am not sure with this model number, but this is not an original quad kit or is it? Then are all four sticks Ver7.1?

Mixing kits can be hit or miss. Sometimes upping the Vdimm a bit helps, other times you might need to dial in timings manually and then there are cases where it is just not happening at all.

4 Identical sticks running dual and symetric. Bought at the same time.

Timing is correct so is the stated 1.5V. Showing ok in windows, but whery unstable.

It helps if they are built on the same type of IC and bought around the same time, but that is still no guarantee for them working perfectly together.

Have you already tried raising Vdimm a bit? (+50mV or maybe +100mV)

Have you already tried manually tweaking timings for stability?

Otherwise test the modules for errors individually, to see if there is a problem with one of them.

Tried to set the settingsmanual and run memtest for all chips together withouth error.

But since chips from corsair seem to be a issue, I was hoping someone who knew about them had any ideas.

Il be trying some of the above this afternoon.

Edit: Is it so that by adding more memory chips you might get a lower volt pr chip? Just wondering, because that could explain why there seem to be alot of people overvolting their corsair chips.

• Corsair Employees
Tried to set the settingsmanual and run memtest for all chips together withouth error.

But since chips from corsair seem to be a issue, I was hoping someone who knew about them had any ideas.

Il be trying some of the above this afternoon.

Edit: Is it so that by adding more memory chips you might get a lower volt pr chip? Just wondering, because that could explain why there seem to be alot of people overvolting their corsair chips.

The problem with adding kits that are not matched is that it simply was not tested to work all together at the specified voltages/frequencies/timings.

The problem with adding kits that are not matched is that it simply was not tested to work all together at the specified voltages/frequencies/timings.

I understand!

It seems to me its 2 kit of these.

http://www.corsair.com/en/tw3x4g1333c9dhx

But a quick question. Can a memory chip still be bad even if you use memtest86 with no errors? Or to clarify if you run the test with all the ram chips in and its ok, can still one chip be bad?

Im asking because Im now in the process of trying individul chips, even doh all 4 "worked" at the same time. Iv currently checked 2 chips with no errors in the same slot, but the last one I tried wouldent let the computer boot. tried several times but it seems the computer wil not work with that one alone...

This doessent make sence to me, hope someone can understand!

So I tried one and one chip in memmtest86, and I got these results after 3 passes:

Chip 1 ok

Chip 2 ok

Chip 3 1 error. Ran for 17 passes more and got 3 errors on same place on chip.

Chip 4 Cannot start the machine with this one alone.(ok combined with other)

Ok so I figured nr 4 are bad and 3 are going. But when I then put 3 and 4 in the machine and start memmtest86 waiting for a lot of errors and nothing... No errors(atleast yet)

So is the memmory bad, or what is happening here??? How can a chip not start a machine and another show error and together they show none?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I tossed the one that is really bad, and have 3 working sticks, doh one of them has a minor error. But still unstability.

But then i tried what many before me have done, and clocked the ram down to 1066 speed, and then its error free... I think this is trange that so many have these issues, did corsair at one time sell the sticks on higher speeds then they really could handle?

Also If I do keep 2 of this sticks, can I normaly add 2 others even 2x4g stick as long as they have the same timing and voltage? Iv seen a few cheep corsair 1333 and 1600 stick that have the same, and was hoping to match em up to get 8 or 12gb.

• 2 months later...

Hello Again.

So iv tossed one, and benched one and then bought 2 other.

Installed and the machine works great on 1066speed but I still cannot use 1333 speed withouth crashes... :(

Iv tried manualy setting cas lat, ras to cas and ras precharge to manual and timing to 2N.

But I cannot in my bios find tRas or tRC, not sure if they are important?

So I can live with 1066, but I find it strange I cannot get them to work 100%. Hoping someone has a clue.

Motherboard Asus p7h55m.

Archived