Corsair Community

H80i GT went from purr 2 roar after Installing Corsair Link. Uninstall doesnt fix it

Danzometeor

So I installed the Corsair link cuz I thought it would be cool. Well, I shouldn't have! I have gone a full year without it and it has been great.

Instantly upon installation, the Fan starting spinning at max values it seems. My Cpu was very idle at the time at a very nice 40 c.

Well whatever the value it was, it is now a roaring lion. Take note that this is the QUIET setting. I'm like why? It was quieter without this software? Why Do I need it louder when its already cool enough?

So i immediately UNINSTALLED this thing and went to Device manager and uninstalled the Corsair link under Asetek USB and the Other devices.

When the CPU reaches 51 C it then turns into an untamed beast from 1500rpm to 2800rpm. Using MSI Command center to reduce it to the lowest possible value does not override the values. It is constantly at 2800 RPM when its at 51 or higher and instantly goes down to 1500. There seems to be no in between.

Upon reboot it is still very loud!

I then went to BIOS and tried the smart fan control to try to override this junk, and the beast still could not be put in a cage. I then rebooted. Nope, nothing.

Well, as I said before the system was working great under pressure/load from games and purred like a kitten. I never had ANY SOFTWARE installed.

The moment I installed it, it sucked so I removed it. So I don't have any configurations, but my computer still obeys the software settings even though the program has been UNINSTALLED>

I can't configure something that doesn't exist. I don't want the software.

The CL4 software is stupid/silly and when it's first run it sets silly defaults in the cooler. If you wish to undo the mess it's made you will have to re-install it and set a sensible configuration.

OK I will try that again then. What is the maximum RPM of the h80i gt? Is there some firmware I need to install as well?

What is a safe range that is quiet for regular gaming use (NO OC)

When I was playin Bf4 for 3 hours, it seems to me the RPM barely went up from default and the temp was stable at 51c.

Edit: DO i have to reinstall the USB cable? I just removed it.

I don't see any fan curves on the software. I just see graphs, but nothing to edit

Thanks! :laughing:

1. DO i have to reinstall the USB cable? I just removed it.
  2. I don't see any fan curves on the software. I just see graphs, but nothing to edit

1. Yes, otherwise CL4 can't talk to the H80iGT
  2. I don't usually run CL4 as I feel it's rather poor software, but I just checked and on the CL4 [Home] panel click on the fan within the H80iGT section to get the configuration panel. You may also wish to configure the LED and Pump.

Like this? I haven't placed the USB cable back, but if it doesn't talk to the device then I'll do it tomorrow. It's late right now.

Is that for one of the motherboard fans? The CL4 panel is silly/poor and does not list what it is configuring.

Once you restore the USB cable then CL4 should list the H80iGT and you should be able to set the H80iGT fan speeds.

What I do is have the CL hardware USB cables installed, but use software other than CL to control my CL hardware.

SO I can use the MSI command center instead? It goes by % rather than RPM though.

Q: What is the max RPM at 100% for the h80i gt?

Ok I got it to show up. I set the min max for the main fan at 900-2000

and the pump at 900-1900.

Q: Is this adequate for my usage? I can set it to 2200 if not.

I'll be uninstalling the cable and the USB driver and software after you give me the ok.

I find the software and USB driver to be causing DPC latency spikes. I'm also having USB sys disconnects and my mouse would disconnect mid game. I need to trouble shoot that so getting rid of unused ports seems like one way I suppose..

http://i.imgur.com/1TLa9m0.png

I'm also having USB sys disconnects

Have you disabled fan control for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not this would explain things and you need to do this.

I am also wondering what the [Configure] tab reports.

By the way that sounds, then i wouldn't be able to use the MSI bios or COmmand center to keep the fan working? Why does this need to be disabled?

Well if i removed, what negative consequences would I have??

BTW, my fan just went up to 2640RPM even tho I told it not to go to over 2000. What is wrong here?

BTW, my fan just went up to 2640RPM even tho I told it not to go to over 2000. What is wrong here?

Looking at the panel you have setup things to notify you when the fan goes above 2000 RPM.

You should be using [Configure] rather than [Notifications]

Such an option to change it in my BIOS does not exist.

However, in Board Explorer (visual diagram of mobo inside bios) says CPU fan connector is disconnected .

But the usb disconnect of my devices would happen even with the usb cable removed from the corsair cooler.

EDIT: Oh you have to use the CUSTOM in the pu lldown. I got it!

Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/wmrtgi9.png

Such an option to change it in my BIOS does not exist.

Looking at the manual I expect you need to uncheck Smart Fan Mode for the CPUFAN1 header.

I also assume you have plugged the H80iGT into the CPUFAN1 header.

Looking at the manual I expect you need to uncheck Smart Fan Mode for the CPUFAN1 header.

I also assume you have plugged the H80iGT into the CPUFAN1 header.

Ok, i thought I was going to use the smart fan mode instead of the corsair link? I'll turn that off then. So what would I use

EDIT OK I unchecked that and set it to default

CLICK

http://imgur.com/qDb8VGU

Ok, i thought I was going to use the smart fan mode instead of the corsair link? I'll turn that off then. So what would I use

I have no idea what you want to do as you have not specified this. You also seem to be changing many things at the same time.

Here are some guidelines:

1. The H80iGT should always be supplied with +12 volts.
  2. The only way to control the pump + LED is to do this via the USB cable.
  3. I feel it's sensible to monitor the H80iGT coolant temperature and this can only be done via the USB cable.
  4. If you wish to use the BIOS to control the H80iGT fans you need to connect them to motherboard headers rather than the H80iGT Y splitter.
  5. You should use .PNG rather than .JPG for screen images.
  6. Attach images to your posts rather than using http://imgur.com/

I don't use BIOS control so can't really help you.

Ok, so it seems my computer cpu hit 51c with UNIGEN Heaven benchmark without the fans spinning crazy. At least I can hear myself think :D

Q: Is it now safe to remove the CL software?

Q: Is it going to remember these settings?

Q: And then keep the usb cable connected?

Well, as I have said previously my computer was working better without any installation of this software and the fans always were quiet, but the temps never out of control.

Ok, well the only reason I had changed a lot of things because the Corsair link really made the cooler noisy, so that's what started the chain of events.

My CPU has been stuck at 99% Load since the past hour. Rebooting won't fix it! This thing must be NUKED!

EDIT: Ok Fixed. Some guy said on windows ten forum to disable Processor idle disable. This totally kills the processor..not smart

1130475733_ScreenShot05-02-16at11_35PM.thumb.PNG.34dcdb7e89461fcd288af415efe3f279.PNG

Archived