Corsair Community

H105 vs H115

Maru

I currently own the H105 but i've been eyeing up the H115 because of the 280mm rad, new pump and the new tubing. I know the H115 rad is thinner than the H105 but i was wondering if there would be much of a benefit by switching the the H115.

Probably not much in terms of cooling performance, but a lot of that comes down to how hard you are willing to run the fans. That is where a 280x27mm radiator has an advantage. You can get excellent moderate CPU load cooling with very low fan speeds. My older H110 can keep a heavily overclocked 5820k under 60C with fan speeds in the 500-800 rpm range. The thicker 38mm H105 has lots of cooling potential, but it does require you keep somewhat elevated fan speeds to keep up with a 280mm system.

On the down side, not all cases can fit a 280mm radiator, you may not have a ready collection of radiator specific 140mm fans, and some motherboards with a lot on the top edge become crowded by the increased width. I don't think you can do 280mm at all with a 600T, unless this is for a different case.

Yeah i actually did a new build at the end of 2015. I have to update the info here on the forum. I currently have a Fractal Design Define S. The H115 is $110 on newegg right now. Pretty tempting!

Archived