Corsair Community

H100i GTX Connections & BIOS setup

GO302LX

Corsair H100i GTX (Asetek) BIOS setup:

IF YOUR BIOS AFFORDS YOU TO MANUALLY CHANGE "ADVANCED" SETTINGS.

In hopes of helping and/or self enlightenment. I am posting screenshot to reveal a "Working" BIOS setting for Corsair H100i GTX.

Realizing "All" MOBO's have a multitude of what I call "Bells & Whistles", a.k.a. "Options" both in BIOS and MOBO design.

This setting and connections has been working flawless in conjunction with reliable control/monitoring software on my system.

It may help in your setup, or other types of AIO liquid coolers/MOBO combinations?

I have been running a Corsair H100i GTX Cooler (Mfg. by Asetek) at which time was a component of a complete new build, for almost a year now.

I had problems in the beginning (Particular Controlling software), on how to set this AIO Cooler up to operate successfully (WITHOUT C-LINK, AI Suite.etc.... This is BIOS setting only!)

With this BIOS setting you will need software of your choice to allow operation/control of cooler, once BIOS hands settings over to Operating System.

My personal choice of Control/monitoring software is SIV. I tried AI Suite and did not like layout of GUI nor the controlling content.

Also gave C-Link a try, unfortunately with too many headaches. Like I said, "Your choice".

My particular MOBO (ASUS Rampage V Extreme x99) came with an O.E.M. product called "OC Panel" (Simplified, it allows BIOS tweaks "On-the-Fly" with Monitoring).

This OC Panel's "Bastardized" connector will physically not allow connection to USB1314 Header, it physically requires connection to USB1112 Header only. Why, I don't know?

There has to be a reason, right? (Enlighten Me with Facts). Since both USB1112 & USB1314 USB 2.0 Header connectors should be no different in functionality?

After all, USB 2.0 is USB 2.0,right? This leaves only USB1314 Header open on my particular MOBO to plug my H100i GTX USB connector to.

The H100i GTX (3-pin female) fan connector is plugged into CPU_fan Header (4-pin male) Note: OEM tab on CPU_Fan header will locate 3-pin plug for proper connection.

My working connection of Corsair H100i GTX AIO Cooler: USB1314 Header & CPU_Fan Header

Starting from Default Bios Settings: Q-Fan Control changed to "PWM" from "DEFAULT" setting of "AUTO". That's it!

No other changes in BIOS made to fan control or USB settings. Is this setting unique to Rampage v Extreme x99 circuitry, maybe? OR, x99 chipset, maybe? (Enlighten Me with Facts)

I realize this post will not apply to every circumstance nor every opinion and yes, even faulty equipment.

If you have tried all of the "What should Work" or "It Will Make No Difference" scenarios, with no success.

This basic AIO Cooler BIOS setup may eliminate some of your problems, maybe even pin point a problem?

Or, better yet fix, #1 Pulsating fans(Q-fan set to "AUTO"), #2 Wide open fan RPM (Q-fan set to "DC"), #3 System Fails to boot (Q-fan set to "Disabled") and yes even

allow you to #4 Dampen Mechanical Noise, not eliminate it (physics of mechanical operation emits some noise) , with appropriate software control settings, as it has done for me.

I have experienced all four of these conditions with my build, until I found said setup with reliable software combination , which has eliminated all four mentioned problems. I am glad to say!

Not Rocket Science! Just facts with positive results.

When all else is failing, "Process of Elimination" can/will uncover problems that should not exist. Result becomes Fact.

All said, I have not found "Normal" when building a "Hybrid" Rig.

Q-Fan Control manually changed

attachment.php?attachmentid=25041&stc=1&d=1462039411

USB "Default" Settings

attachment.php?attachmentid=25042&stc=1&d=1462039490

"Process of Elimination"

I decided to add screen shots of BIOS Q-Fan setting results I mentioned above, once software of choice takes control of H100i GTX. In this case, SIV.

This is the optimal operating settings for my system (SIV in control) when Q-Fan is set to PWM mode.

Notice Custom Curve points (PWM %) end with the digit "7" up to point 6 at which time fans are max speed.

Plus or Minus one digit changes audible fan noise.

After experimenting with curve points at temperature ranges unique to my personal use.

I found this increment to sufficiently dampen fan motor and blade noise through these temperature ranges, as I mentioned above #4.

PWM_CUSTOM CURVE PANEL_FAN

attachment.php?attachmentid=25124&stc=1&d=1462823617

Pump settings are based on theory of slowing flow of fluid down effectively, to allow it to remain in radiator as long as possible for maximum cooling.

This idea keeps temps of my CPU around 58 degrees Celsius under full load using AIDA64 Extreme "System Stability Test" utility during 1 hr of testing.

Notice PWM % point 1 starts at 50. Pump RPM will not react to setting lower than this.

PWM_CUSTOM CURVE PANEL_PUMP

attachment.php?attachmentid=25125&stc=1&d=1462823671

BIOS Q-Fan set to "DC". Notice readings of pump are extremely low (Corsair would most likely suggest RMA at this RPM???) and fan RPM is obsolete, even though fans are now running at full RPM, as mentioned above #2.

Basically fans are receiving a static 12v current. Software has no effect in control. Note: pump Readings are being received through USB.

DC_CUSTOM CURVE PANEL_PUMP & FAN

attachment.php?attachmentid=25114&stc=1&d=1462748575

BIOS Q-Fan set to "AUTO". Basically same scenario as Q-Fan "DC" mode, software is unable to control cooler, both pump and fan. Only difference is fans are audibly pulsating in a "Revving" fashion.

AUTO_CUSTOM CURVE PANEL_PUMP & FAN

attachment.php?attachmentid=25126&stc=1&d=1462823724

As I mentioned above, these results may by unique to my MOBO/H100i GTX (Mfg. by Asetek) combination? Then again......?

751488831_Q-FanTuning.thumb.png.9a021269c25c099f676fdcbfbab08dbb.png

1546786305_DefaultUSB.thumb.png.bebe147771375a10ac6792aeccb13bbb.png

1150073795_DC_H100iGTX_FAN.thumb.png.d3e878a14ffb46c39a12e760b44c7a82.png

504504676_PWM_H100iGTX_FAN.thumb.png.343531501156f3d976f3d77106252088.png

966757387_PWM_H100iGTX_Pump.thumb.png.c90b76c4964ebabb4916908d9b84918e.png

1857382399_AUTO_H100iGTX_FAN.thumb.png.8ce31760f14dcd03ae79f3acf7edd1ca.png

Edited by GO302LX
Content

• 10 months later...