Corsair Community

2nd bad gig of TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT

scotchfx

I just added a gig of TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT to my workstation and am getting errors @ ~96% of test 5 when running memtest86+ v.27.

My current setup is as follows:

2 x AMD Opteron 248

MSI K8t Master2-FAR / Award v1.1 BIOS

2 GB of TwinX1024RE-3200LLPT (2 x 512MB)

2 x 74GB WD Raptor (RAID Striping Array on VIA K8T800)

2 x 80GB WD800JB (compressed backup drives)

Sapphire Radeon 9700 128MB

Enermax EG651P-VEFM (550W 24-pin ATX PSU)

WinXP SP2 and all critical updates

I have tried increasing the DDR voltage to 2.65V and additionally have tried manually setting the CAS timing to 2, but the error still reproduces. The DDR I am currently using has already been RMA'd once for a different error a few months ago. Could my new set of DDR be faulty as well?

As stated above, the DDR that is causing the error is the 2nd gig of TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT, the gig that I was using already has been tested (using memtest86+ v1.27) and has no returned any errors. Tomorrow I will switch out the 1st gig (good) with the 2nd gig (bad) and see if the error reproduces when using only the bad memory.

Will I be able to RMA this memory a second time?

If so, can I get some feedback once Corsair has received my DDR that will confirm that the DDR is indeed bad, and it is not some random error w/ my system?

Thanks!

I tested my 2nd gig (bad) of TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT alone in my workstation(memtest86+ v1.27) and came up with a slew of errors on test 5 (~767.8MB) and test 6 (561.8MB, 756.8MB & 560.8MB). I ran my 1st gig (good) and came up with none (ran for 3+ hrs with memtest86+).

My BIOS (Award v1.1) only allows me a max voltage of 2.65V for my DDR.

Will I be able to RMA this memory a second time?

If so, can I get some feedback once Corsair has received my DDR that will confirm that the DDR is indeed bad, and it is not some random error w/ my system?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

Lets get that set of modules replaced.

Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Warranty@corsairmemory.com. Or you can also use the On Line RMA Request Form as well.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to rma@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived