Corsair Community

Can the M65 RGB do hardware macros?

joe7dust

I assumed it would since the cheaper M65 Vengeance does and the only difference between them seems to be RGB added onto the M65 RGB, but I was only able to get as far as creating the macro using CUE -- not actually able to bind it to any keys as far as I can see...

I tried installing the M65 Vengeance software because from the screenshots it seems way more useful than CUE is, but it says mouse not detected. Does that mean the hardware in the M65 RGB is actually different than the M65 Vengeance and its not a simple issue of having fancier LEDs added on, or is this just a case of a company forcing new (and inferior) software on customers?

Another thing that would be nice to do is remap the 2 DPI changing buttons to something more useful. If I need to changed DPI on the fly I can always just use the sniper button. I don't mind using CUE for more advanced DPI changes. Is this possible?

No, it does not support hardware macros. And no, you cannot use the old software with this new mouse because it has different hardware so it won't get recognized.

And yes, you can use CUE and remap the DPI buttons to something different. Just create a new action and assign it to them.

OK so my mouse has the same model number (M65), and costs $20 more (presumably for the full color LED support), yet it is inferior to the older and cheaper M65?

Why do I feel scammed?

Does it support software macros, and can the 2 DPI buttons be remapped?

OK so my mouse has the same model number (M65), and costs $20 more (presumably for the full color LED support), yet it is inferior to the older and cheaper M65?

Why do I feel scammed?

Does it support software macros, and can the 2 DPI buttons be remapped?

Yes, it supports software macros (through CUE) and as I mentioned above you can indeed remap every button (even the 2 DPI ones).

CUE can make much more complicate macros (compared to the old Vengeance software), but several of those cannot be executed in "hardware mode" and that's why the new devices (like M65 RGB, K70 RGB or any other CUE enabled device) don't support them.

Click on the button and choose the option "Assign new action" from the dropdown menu that pops up. From there you can setup the action/macro/dpi/keystroke/timer/etc you want.

I don't have CUE 1.x installed on this computer so I can't give a detailed step-by-step guide right now though.

Archived