Corsair Community

Corsair link and the USB necessity!

valen_ni

So it seems that in order to get my H100i GTX pump to run at full speed I need to keep the Link USB plugged in?

When i remove it, Prime95 reads my pump speed @ 1300RPM and stays there. When the USB is plugged in it reads 2700.

I wanted to run the water pump using my Maximus Hero Viii header pump header and link the 2 fans into CPU and CPU OPT. But to get the proper fan speed, I can't.

Anybody else have this problem?

I wanted to run the water pump using my Maximus Hero Viii header pump header and link the 2 fans into CPU and CPU OPT. But to get the proper fan speed, I can't.

Anybody else have this problem?

The 3-pin connector of the H100iGTX does not power or control the pump as it provides power to the H100iGTX controller which is designed to control all of the Pump, Fans and LED.

You need to disable BIOS control of whatever header you connect the H100iGTX to and use software (CL4) to control the pump speed via USB.

This is not a problem, it is by design.

The 3-pin connector of the H100iGTX does not power or control the pump as it provides power to the H100iGTX controller which is designed to control all of the Pump, Fans and LED.

You need to disable BIOS control of whatever header you connect the H100iGTX to and use software (CL4) to control the pump speed via USB.

This is not a problem, it is by design.

Thanks for the reply.

So I need to keep the USB connected to a header for full pump speed? That's a problem if I want to cut back on the wires I am using to keep things tidy.

But if it's necessary, so be it. :-)

So I need to keep the USB connected to a header for full pump speed?

I think if the USB is not connected then the pump will run at the last speed it was set to run at. I have tried to find the specification for what happens but could not. I asked Corsair for this specification and recall I was told it was not available as it was not needed. The main thing is to disable fan control for that header.

I feel it would be wise to have the H100iGTX USB connected as this is the only way to read the coolant temperature. You should "keep an eye" on this and the pump speed so you can be sure the pump is working as it should.

I think if the USB is not connected then the pump will run at the last speed it was set to run at. I have tried to find the specification for what happens but could not. I asked Corsair for this specification and recall I was told it was not available as it was not needed. The main thing is to disable fan control for that header.

I feel it would be wise to have the H100iGTX USB connected as this is the only way to read the coolant temperature. You should "keep an eye" on this and the pump speed so you can be sure the pump is working as it should.

Yeah I will keep the USB connected just in case (when I set the speed and disconnect, it defaults back to 1300RPM).

Thanks again

The Asus Maximus Hero VIII has a header for water pumps plus a cpu fan and cpu opt headers. That's how I connect my H110i GT up. The Asus fan software gives me the speed for all 3 and allows me to control them. Does the H100i GTX work differently?

The Asus fan software gives me the speed for all 3 and allows me to control them.

You can control the fan speeds, but should not try and the H100i GT pump speed using the ASUS software.

Does the H100i GTX work differently?

Yes and which is why I specified this.

The speed reported to the CPU_FAN header is a fan speed not the pump speed.

No, that's a fan speed.

The water pump header reads as a fan speed? What fan? The fans are linked into the CPU and CPU OPT. So there is no way to tell if the pump is running at full speed if I use the water pump header instead of the CPU header?

Either way, I uninstalled the Asus suite 3 and connected the GTX via the CPU an d connected the fans to the splitters. Works like a charm. Got the wires as tidy as possible.

The Asus Maximus Hero VIII has a header for water pumps plus a cpu fan and cpu opt headers. That's how I connect my H110i GT up. The Asus fan software gives me the speed for all 3 and allows me to control them. Does the H100i GTX work differently?

With your setup, what RPM are you getting on the water pump header? I get 1317, but when I use Corsair link connections in performance mode, it reads 2700.

No matter if I disable the water pump header or manually increase the speed to 100% in Asus suite, it still reads @ 1327 RPM.

1. The water pump header reads as a fan speed? What fan?
  2. The fans are linked into the CPU and CPU OPT. So there is no way to tell if the pump is running at full speed if I use the water pump header instead of the CPU header?
  3. Either way, I uninstalled the Asus suite 3 and connected the GTX via the CPU an d connected the fans to the splitters.

I assumed the default H100iGTX setup as in #3.

1. The motherboard pump header reports the speed of whatever if plugged into it.
  2. The H1110iGTX can't report a speed if you do this.
  3. With this setup then the speed is the speed of the fan connected to the Y splitter that has 4 wires, the other one only has 3.
  4. The CoolIT H110i/H110iGT are different and then report the pump speed rather than Asetek H100iGTX which reports a fan speed to the motherboard header.

Archived