Corsair Community

Converting K70 RGB Profiles/Modes to K70 RGB Rapidfire

The K70 RGB Rapidfire is out now and some people will probably find that they can't properly import K70 RGB profiles and modes since it's a different device.

So, if you want to import a K70 RGB profile/mode to your new K70 RGB Rapidfire, just open the .prf file in Notepad++ or a similar text editor (Notepad gets rid of the text breaks), CTRL+F for "K70 RGB", then change it to "K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE". Now you should be able to import it to your K70 RGB Rapidfire just fine!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The K70 RGB Rapidfire is out now and some people will probably find that they can't properly import K70 RGB profiles and modes since it's a different device.

So, if you want to import a K70 RGB profile/mode to your new K70 RGB Rapidfire, just open the .prf file in Notepad++ or a similar text editor (Notepad gets rid of the text breaks), CTRL+F for "K70 RGB", then change it to "K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE". Now you should be able to import it to your K70 RGB Rapidfire just fine!

Thank you so much for mentioning this. I've been looking all day trying to find out why my profiles weren't working!! and this fixed it!!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, that worked. Now I'm having a problem where the profile only remains active when CUE is the active window.

Like, without even closing it I can switch over to my web browser and the keyboard reverts to default.

ok, that worked. Now I'm having a problem where the profile only remains active when CUE is the active window.

Like, without even closing it I can switch over to my web browser and the keyboard reverts to default.

Did you set the profile as default profile by clicking the dropdown tab next to its name?

Only one profile can be your default setting. To keep it automatic, you need to link profiles to specific programs and it will switch back and forth to the default as you go between the desktop and the active program.

The other option is manual control. In the task bar drop down menu, right click the CUE icon. This will give you a list of your saved profiles. Select the one you want. You will get a message stating that profile will stay active until you change it. You still need something as the 'default' profile, but it won't switch automatically.

Just to make it interesting (and for functionality), when you bring the CUE window up and make it the active window, whatever profile is currently selected in its drop down menu will become active -- for editing purposes. It will revert as soon as CUE is no longer the active window. Don't use the main CUE window to manually switch profiles. You need to use the task bar drop down, although I suppose you could continually set your current desired profile to be the 'default' profile in the main CUE window.

Archived