Corsair Community

Will the other K70s get an updated version now that the rapidfire came out?

EvilGeniuzz

Hi! I have a very simple question and I'm hoping someone from Corsair could give me an answer:

Will the other K70s (reds, browns) receive an update -a version 2.0 if you will- in the near future now that the K70 received an update with the rapidfire switches?

A little bit of background: I'm in the market to buy a mechanical RGB keyboard and decided to buy one from Corsair. I was about to pick a K70 over the strafe, still unsure whether to get red or brown switches on it. But then my local computer store sent me a mail about the new rapifire K70 coming to the store soon ...

I really like the (minor) changes you made to the K70, but I'm not sure rapidfire switches are the right ones for me. I'm not a good typist, and I often hit keys by accident. I'm afraid that with the 1.2mm accentuation point I would make even more typing errors. It's nearly impossible to find a place here where I can test out the different switches sadly, more specifically the browns.

So I'm kinda wondering if there will come new K70s with all the features of the rapidfire, but with red and brown switches in the near future.

Thanks!

Well, I guess we can be safely sure they will at some point. But when they will exactly is not something they can talk about, they always reply that they cannot talk about unreleased products.

Maybe we'll get more news about it at Computex (31 May - 4 June).

Well, I guess we can be safely sure they will at some point. But when they will exactly is not something they can talk about, they always reply that they cannot talk about unreleased products.

Maybe we'll get more news about it at Computex (31 May - 4 June).

I'm not a regular on this forum but I thought as much, I realized that after I posted. Don't know what I was thinking when I posted this question. I guess I was hoping that someone had a bit more information than I did.

Thanks for the computex hint, I will keep an eye out for it. ;): I will try and get my hands on some of the switches in the meanwhile, so that I can get a feel of what I like best.

I really hope they do. We need the better LED controller, USB passthrough, and white backplate on the K65/K70 line. It would be great if that launched with higher quality keycaps too. I would settle for Doubleshot ABS, but what I really would want is PBT+POM Doubleshot.

Archived