Corsair Community

Obsidian 350D - Corsair are you confused

cms239

I am trying to get a definitive answer re water rads.

On your website, under overview, at the bottom of the page you state:

"Room for two 240mm radiators (top, front)."

However in the Tech Spec section you state:

"Radiator Mount Locations

Front: 240/280mm

Top: 240/280mm

Rear: 120mm"

So which is it 240 or 280mm for the front and top

• Corsair Employees
I am trying to get a definitive answer re water rads.

On your website, under overview, at the bottom of the page you state:

"Room for two 240mm radiators (top, front)."

However in the Tech Spec section you state:

"Radiator Mount Locations

Front: 240/280mm

Top: 240/280mm

Rear: 120mm"

So which is it 240 or 280mm for the front and top

Good catch on the wording. You would be able to fit either size in both locations. Some of our cases can only fit 240mm radiators, and others are able to fit both 240mm and 280mm.

Cheers for the reply, just interested in the 350D case ;)

If I want to fit a 280mm rad in the front what will I need to remove?

Also if I have two rads I assume I will intake cold air at the front rad and exhaust out through the top rad?

Any other fans needed?

Ok, I have now got the case and the only way to fit a H110i GT 280mm rad is to butcher the 5" bays, what's disappointing is they are not even designed to be removed like the 2.5 and 3.5 bays.

So I am curious as to how you can say a 280mm rad can be fitted at the front???? :(

G'day again. Since we seem to looking for very similar cases... in my research, I came accross the top280 clearance from this review www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-obsidian-350d-review,2.html but hard to make that out from corsair's details - both the specs and quick start guide don't mention it. Didn't realise the drive bay had to be cut off the support a 280.

What I love about the 350D is that it is about the only mid-tower case that actually leaves radiator space above the motherboard (leaving aside 2 mATX cubes that support 3 rads). Having space for 280s is also brilliant as they have nearly the same performance as 360 rads (392 vs 432cm2), but then 140 fans can run quieter.

Personally I wish they came out with a drive-bay less version. Every time I see a drive bay these days it feels ... ancient :)

Seems this person fitted their H110 in without removing the 5.25 drive bays:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/LrLkcf

Yes at the top!

We are talking about the front :p:

I have now found an alternative to the 350D, The 400c. Its a little bit taller but not as deep.

The advantages over the 350D are:

No 5.25 drive bays

3 x 2.5" Bays at the side, out of the way of the mobo and heat.

Although the spec says up 280mm rad at the top this is very much mobo dependent and I fitted a 240mm rad.

The front WILL take a 280mm with wiggle room

Dust filter on the top make the case look finished.

Hinged window

I think better intake cooling at the front

Covers for the PSU and wiring, however I suspect they will need modding however easy as they are plastic

• Corsair Employees
Sorry for the delay in response. I did some testing and the space in the front is large enough to fit a radiator and run the lines through the 5.25" bays. However, our current line of 280mm radiators are too thick to be compatible.

Archived