Corsair Community

CorsairLink 4 Not working

req

So today my link just stopped working. No icon in system tray and when I open the exe it shows in the processes in the task manager for a split second and it disappears. However, you can see one process called corsairlink4.server any help would be appreciated. (Running win10)

From what you have posted it's impossible to even guess why.

For openers you need to add your PC specs to you profile.

You should also specify exactly which version of CL you have installed.

Exactly what CL hardware do you have?

If from a command window you type sc query Clink4Service what does it report?

Look in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ and see what the service.log file reports. If you rename it and then run CL4 does a new one get created?

From what you have posted it's impossible to even guess why.

For openers you need to add your PC specs to you profile.

You should also specify exactly which version of CL you have installed.

Exactly what CL hardware do you have?

If from a command window you type sc query Clink4Service what does it report?

Look in C:\Users\All Users\CLink4\ and see what the service.log file reports. If you rename it and then run CL4 does a new one get created?

Hey thanks so much for ur reply. I have since updated my specs now let me explain a little. I'm using the h100i v2 and the ax860i. CL4 was working fine up to the day before when it just refuses to open now. I did what you said with regards to the log and yes it creates a new file so I will assume that the program is in fact running some how :sigh!:

I have attached a pic of the cmd interface

cl4linkcmd.jpg.b006126eb6d88efdd96dee7c65a3ea5a.jpg

Now I have uninstalled and reinstall the software a couple times and still getting the problem. I have used all versions of cl4.

I would like to note however that I tried v3.2.5742 today and it opened however my h100i did not show up only the ax860i

I would like to note however that I tried v3.2.5742 today and it opened however my h100i did not show up only the ax860i

Do you mean H100iV2? I would expect a H100i to show up.

The H100iV2 is not supported by CL3, only CL4.

The service seems to be running, but I guess the GUI is not. Use task manager to check if CorsairLink4.exe is active. Are there many messages in the event log about it stopping/crashing?

Do you mean H100iV2? I would expect a H100i to show up.

The H100iV2 is not supported by CL3, only CL4.

The service seems to be running, but I guess the GUI is not. Use task manager to check if CorsairLink4.exe is active. Are there many messages in the event log about it stopping/crashing?

Checking the event logs I found these two errors

1971271162_eventerror1.thumb.jpg.cab3bcdf9c24770a538787fe0f59dfec.jpg

1580900592_eventerror2.thumb.jpg.ffa5916573d0073c46661e5317112bc9.jpg

I tried reinstalling the .Net Framework but that did not make a difference

I thought I would mention that I tried running the exe in compatible mode with windows 8 and that seemed to solve the problem... will not launch at start but once I open it... seems to be good to go.

Archived