Corsair Community

dont work after firmware update

Beewee

What CUE version are you using? FW 2.xx requires at least CUE 1.15 or 1.16 I think.

To downgrade you need to find an older FW file but usually CUE downloads it automatically from the server, and you'd need to update CUE to be able to find the keyboard in order to re-flash it anyway (in case you're still using an old version).

Is it recognized by CUE but stated as malfunctioning? If so, you can force update the firmware from the server. If not, try unplugging your keyboard and re-plugging it in different USB 2 and USB 3 ports, also try using the polling switch at the back of the keyboard in all positions including the BIOS setting. If nothing works, try uninstalling CUE then restarting the computer to see if the keyboard works without CUE, then reinstall CUE and start fresh. Alternatively you can try the keyboard on another computer with and without CUE installed and see if it works. If nothing helps, the update probably bricked your keyboard, contact corsair support to teach you how to do a hard reset, or if everything fails, RMA your KB. Good luck and Keep us updated.

hmmmm

Without software 1.16.42

My Keyboarb K70 RGB is working but only with cue software 1.16.42 turned off

With software 1.16.42

My Keyboard K70B s working ut onnnnly it cue softe 1.111111111111111111111111111.42 tund off

Exactly same problem with keyboard connected to USB 3.0 and CUE on.

But you're lucky that you don't have mouse in addition. If you have mouse and keyboard connected simultanously, none of them works at all.

They seem to work on USB 2.0, but the problem is I don't 2.0 ports on my MB.

I only have a port on the front of the tower. I haven't payed that much money, for my rig to look ridiculous....

I almost bought Corsair VOID for me and my brother.... Feeling lucky, haven't done it... It is not specified anywhere, that you NEED USB 2.0 to run it.

I have the K70 RGB, M65 RGB and Void RGB. Just updated the k70 and m65 to newest fw. Afterwards, also updated CUE to newest version.

It asked to reboot pc, after reboot everything is still working flawless...

Never had a single regret buying the corsair products :cool:

And fyi, all products are connected to USB3.0 ports

@BeAts:

Thanks for the input, but I don't really think that the fact that it works for you, and it doesn't work for couple of people, makes it a logical conclusion that it is a good product.

But good to know, that it is possible that it will work. Could you please specify your HW, and OS, so I can go and build copy of your rig, to satisfy Corsair?

I am not saying that HW is bad. I really like it, but FW and support... well as I read rules of the forum swearing is not allowed...

@avatarraq

Yup, I already figured out that it works with 2.0, thanks.

any ideas on creating USB 2.0 ports on the back of my PC?

Somehow having keyboard and mouse connected on the front panel is not a dream situation for me. Plus, what about people not having USB 2.0?

@avatarraq

any ideas on creating USB 2.0 ports on the back of my PC?

Here you go:

This came with my ASUS mobo. Check your mobo box.

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1PAVtIXXXXXcSXFXXq6xXFXXX0/2-Port-font-b-USB-b-font-2-0-Internal-Cable-PCI-Back-Panel-Bracket-font.jpg

Or you can buy something like this.

I have also started having issues with my K70 RGB after upgrading the firmware.

The last version that was working properly for me was 1.33.

I tried looking for an option to download it and manually flash but couldn't find anything; hence my reason for signing up to the corsair forums.

Archived