Corsair Community

A7nx8 & Xms Pc3200

Jackg

Ok so here is the system info: Asus A78NX Deluxe v1.004 AMD Athlon XP 2600 Corsair XMS 3200 256DDR (two) Asus V9280 128mb Western Digital Caviar 80GB SE LiteOn 48x CD-RW Microsoft Optical Mouse Generic Keyboard TTGI 420w power supply Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro spk 4 What would be the proper Memory setting in the BIOS. I want to get the most out of it without overclocking or losing stability. -Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Please try: CPU Freq: 166Mhz Memory Freq: 100% Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T Also I would set the Dim or DDR Voltage to 2.7 Volts Ram Guy

• 3 weeks later...
Ram Guy, The memory came back from RMA and I installed them in slot 1 & 3 (dual channel) with your recommended BIOS settings. I have had 3 blue screen dumps since and never had that problem previously. I am going to run Memtest86. How many errors would be considered a problem and how long should I run the test? -thanks

• Corsair Employee
I would try the latest bios if you have not done so. And I would let it run over night with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] to stress the system and modules. There should be No errors. Also you might try loading setup defaults and then set the timings that I gave you so there is no bios issues. Ram Guy

• Corsair Employee
Jack I am sorry you were not Ignored just I missed the post. And I do apologize! If you are getting errors still I would try the modules one at a time and maybe if possible can you test them on another MB? A friend perhaps! Also did you load setup defaults before you set the memory timings? Ram Guy

Archived