Corsair Community

H80i GT Failure?

Sublym3

Hi All,

I think my H80i GT has given up.

As of about 1am last night my CPU is running into it thermal limit and shutting down the computer.

I bought it in January this year and it has been running like a champ.

But I think the pump may not be working, as the fans are still spinning, but the BIOS reports the RPM as 0.

I was wondering if there is any troubleshooting I can do before logging a support ticket?

(Also quick question about that, does the Support Ticket System use your forum username and password?)

Cheers

But I think the pump may not be working, as the fans are still spinning, but the BIOS reports the RPM as 0.

The H80iGT reports a fan speed to the CPU_FAN header and the only way to read the pump speed is via the USB cable. All of CL4, AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV (my utility) can do this.

The H80iGT reports a fan speed to the CPU_FAN header and the only way to read the pump speed is via the USB cable. All of CL4, AIDA64, HWiNFO and SIV (my utility) can do this.

Hmm ok, but the BIOS reports 0rpm even though the fans are spinning, is that correct?

I don't have much time in Windows before the computer shuts down.

Hmm ok, but the BIOS reports 0rpm even though the fans are spinning, is that correct?

I don't have much time in Windows before the computer shuts down.

No, there is a hardware issue, but do not know what.

Given you don't have much time I suspect that the H80iGT is not making good thermal contact with the CPU. I feel you should check it's still installed correctly.

What did CL4 report for the H80iGT when it was "running like a champ"?

I never used the Corsair Link software, so I couldn't tell you.

I can understand why you would choose not to use CL4 given how buggy it is, but you need to use some software to monitor your H80iGT otherwise if there is an issue it's almost impossible to diagnose why.

Archived