Corsair Community

Cannot update from v1.15.36 to v1.16.42

chanboy0

As the topic, I cannot update my CUE. The problem is when my installing the new CUE. The installer appear a pop up which announced "The specified account already exists." I would like to ask that how to fix it? Thanks!

http://holland.pk/uptow/i4/c2798d4d65bc97b47ca30f12aedeafa1.png

Not exactly sure what is causing the problem but have you tried downloading the installer from corsair.com and updating from the installer or is it the same issue?

Could be related to user accounts? Have you tried installing CUE under a different administrator account?

Not exactly sure what is causing the problem but have you tried downloading the installer from corsair.com and updating from the installer or is it the same issue?

Could be related to user accounts? Have you tried installing CUE under a different administrator account?

First, Thank you for your reply.

I have downloaded the latest CUE installer from corsair.com. But it was installing, it's still happened this problem. I have also tried uninstall the CUE, when I was uninstalling the CUE, it's also appeared this problem.

I also had this problem but solved it by using the installer with the same version as the CUE has atm and uninstalling it and removing all of the files. After that i downloaded the new installer from the website and installed it without any trouble. Hope this works for you.

oops!! it's still not work for me.

Actually, I uninstalled it, but it still popped up me the "The specified account already exists." problem. After that, I forced deleting the Corsair's folder which in "C:/Program Files (x86)". And then try to install the latest version of CUE. But it is failed, still popped up the problem. Now, no CUE anymore.

Archived