Corsair Community

K70 RGB keeps asking for firmware update even though it's on latest version

crotach

I just got my K70 RGB and it's one of the most annoying products I've had.

Every time my PC starts up CUE wants to update keyboard firmware to 1.33, even though the keyboard already has 1.33. I found that out the hard way by accepting the upgrade and then it got stuck at 3% and never progressed even though the PC was on for hours.

Had to reboot and reapply the firmware by forcing the update from server. Which of course downloaded 1.33 which is the latest. And now the keyboard wants to upgrade to 1.33 again!!!

The keyboard also seems to suffer from alzheimers and forgets what lighting setup I've done and cycles through the usual factory rubbish.

Do you have anything to suggest that I should try to fix these two issues?

This is really a buggy product, I'm not sure if it's the keyboard or the software, but even automatic profile switching doesn't work.

It worked fine yesteday when I set it up for HoTS, but today after reboot the lights no longer switch automatically, I have to manually switch the profile in CUE.

And yes, it keeps asking for firmware update.

Its likely the software being buggy, ignore the update for now and just keep changing profiles manually cause automatic switching is buggy too i think, i don't really use it much. All of this stuff should be more than resolved soon but i can't say much more than that.

It didn't matter where the keyboard was plugged in, USB 3 or 2.

I've ended up putting the profiles onto the device memory and uninstalling CUE, but even then upon reboot the keyboard cycles through the default RGB profiles until I hit the space bar, then it goes black, and then I can go to my default profile by pressing the brightness button.

It's all a bit too much for a nearly 200 euro product. I'm sending it back and getting a normal K70 with a single-color backlight. Plus I'll gain a USB port. :evil:

Archived