Corsair Community

H80i GT re-install in new motherboard

Arizona Willie

I just re-installed my H80i GT in a new ASUS P 170-Pro motherboard.

It has a dedicated connection for water pumps.

My temperatures are looking wonderful. So good I don't trust them.

I am not getting any readings in Corsair Link ( latest version ) for the pump or fans on the radiator.

I get readings for Motherboard temps and CPU core temps and the one SSD drive I have hooked up so far but nothing from the H80i GT.

There is an 8 pin connector on the end of the cable with 4 wires installed and 4 open spaces.

This connector does not have the raised ridges to slide over the raised portion of the dedicted water pump connection. I can only install it one way to make the 4 wires connect with the 4 pins and possibly that is upside down.

Anyone installed the H80i GT on this motherboard got any tips on how to get readings?

The fans are spinning on the radiator but I hear no sound from the pump at all. But if it wasn't running wouldn't the cores get really hot? Instead it is showing very cool temperatures. Right at room temp for the cpu cores.

• Corsair Employees
My temperatures are looking wonderful. So good I don't trust them.

What are your temperatures? What is reporting these temps?

I am not getting any readings in Corsair Link ( latest version ) for the pump or fans on the radiator.

Is the H80i GT pump plugged into an internal USB 2.0 header? Are your USB drivers installed?

There is an 8 pin connector on the end of the cable with 4 wires installed and 4 open spaces.

This connector does not have the raised ridges to slide over the raised portion of the dedicted water pump connection. I can only install it one way to make the 4 wires connect with the 4 pins and possibly that is upside down.

Not sure which cable you are referring to. Could you include pictures please?

The temps are being reported by HWINFO 64.

The cable I am talking about is a small round black cable with an 8 pin rectangular connector on the end that comes out of the block of the pump and ( with the old motherboard was connected to a cpu fan header but his board has a water pump header with a 4 pin connection just like for chassis fans. But the wires seem to be on the wrong side of the 8 pin connector and I have to install it so it appears to be upside down, but perhaps it isn't because the pump MUST be working or the CPU would get hot as HELL and it doesn't. And the fans on the radiator are working. But I keep getting a pop up warning " cpu fan 0 is not connected " or something like that.

Corsair link software reports ( when I run it without HWINFO 64 running ) shows the video card and cpu speeds and temperatures and one SSD drive temperature ( I only have one drive connected so far ) to keep it simple until everything seems good..

BUT NO PUMP SPEEDS OR TEMPERATURE. so I suspect that 8 pin connector may be installed upside down but it is the only way I can connect it due to that plastic prong on the 4 pin fan header.

Archived