Corsair Community

Connecting 2 Corsair link products to one usb port.

Roy Davies

Hi, i have just changed my cpu and motherboard so now running an Msi z97 gaming 5 with i7 4790k, I also have a Corsair h110 gt cpu cooler and a Hx1000i psu, im using link with both products but they take up the only 2 usb2 headers i have, is there a reason for both link plugs to take up a whole usb header whilst only using 1 usb port effectively blocking off the 2nd port in each of the 2 usb headers, and would it be safe to put 2 link usb plugs in to one freeing up a usb2 header that i need for my cases front usb2 ports.

Has Corsair already thought about this and created a Corsair usb header splitter.

Also noticed both link cables use pin 10 which is Ground for Shield Drain and Ground for Power( pins 7,8), could i put the Ground for Shield Drain from both link cables on to pin 10 as its just for grounding.

Was thinking along the same line as the pic but the the second Ground for Shield Drain is connected to a blank which if the cable shielding drain is needed could cause problems, but only Corsair will know if the shield drain is actually needed or is just there as a precaution.

Could do with the Corsair techies to answer this one.

Could do with the Corsair techies to answer this one.

You will be lucky to get an answer from Corsair based on how often they answer my posts. I suspect the official answer will be use an IU01.

I have never has an issue and have moved the pins on 3 devices and then connected them to the NZXT IU01.

Archived