Corsair Community

H100i v2 + 2x SP120 PWM Performance Edition / RPM PROBLEM

Fina

hey community,

iam running the h100i v2 aio cooling-system.

i bought 2x SP120 PWM Performance Edition.

they should both run around 2800rpm each.

what i get is the half -> 1400 rpm per fan.

both fans are connected to the one connector thats come from the h100i .. pluged in to cpu_fan on the mainboard.. please give me a solution :)

i wanted to try to plug one fan into cpu_fan and the other into cpu_opt but thats not possible, because both have to be plugged in together to the one cable that comes from the h100i cpu cooler.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4x 4.00GHz

GPU: 2x 4096MB MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G Aktiv (SLI)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

RAM: 16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws V rot DDR4-2666

Power: 660 Watt Seasonic Platinum-660

Benchmark: 3DMark Adv. Firestrike 19135

Max RPM for the SP120 PE should be around 2350 in free air and more likely 2200-2250 when facing the radiator.

There is no requirement to use the Y-cable that came with the H100i, unless you are going to power the fans from the pump block and use Corsair Link to control them. What is not clear is if you have plugged the Y-cable into the pump block or you tried to squeeze it onto the motherboard somehow.

If you have connected the fans directly to the motherboard, then you need to make the proper adjustments in the BIOS for PWM control and desired curve. You'll need to do it in AI Suite as well, if it is installed.

If you connected the fans to the pump block, than all speed control should be through Corsair Link. Make sure the 3 pin lead that powers the block is not limited by your BIOS setting. You need to set it to Full Speed or PWM/100% duty cycle. Since 1400 is near exactly the default 60% duty cycle for DC fans in the BIOS, I suspect this may be the problem. Other than that, all controls should be done through LINK.

Archived